Your privacy is important to us. The Privacy Act and general law place strict requirements on us to treat any information you give us as confidential. We give effect to these laws by adhering to the National Privacy Principles in our dealings with your personal information.
What information we collect
We will only ask you to provide information when it is necessary and relevant to the particular service that you have requested. We may collect some or all of the following information:
- Your name and contact details
- Date of birth and residency
- Qualifications, work history, resume and application forms
- Salary/benefit information and bank account
- Drivers licence number
- Information about your hobbies and interests
- Details of any dealings you have with us and/or our clients
It is up to you to choose the information that you give to us. If you choose not to provide us with particular information that has been requested we may not be able to provide the service that you require.
Why we collect information
We collect information in the provision of recruitment services to meet the needs of both employers and applicants to ensure we can assess and place the right person in the right position. We also collect information in providing services in areas such as resume preparation, interview skills, career development and assessment.
Where we collect information from
We collect information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in documents such as an application form or a resume
- By contacting the referees that you have nominated
- From clients to whom services are supplied as part of our contracting business
- By searching publicly available information (for example, the internet)
Who do we disclose information to?
We will disclose personal information to employers for the purpose of recruiting you to specific positions, or for supplying your services to employers as a contractor. We may also disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- To other recruitment suppliers where we are working on a joint recruitment project
- You and your referees in making enquiries
- Your financial institution and others relating to your remuneration and benefits
- Government bodies or others as required/authorised by law
- Any related companies and entities
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that there is an error or information is missing please notify us and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible. We take reasonable steps to ensure any personal information which we no longer require for any lawful purpose is disposed of in a secure manner or de-identified. However, some personal records may be held for a specific period of time due to statutory requirements.
The security of your information is important to us. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that information is stored securely both in electronic and physical form.
Access and correction
You may access your information at any time (subject to some exceptions allowed by law). If you would like to know what information we hold about you please contact us. For security reasons you may be required to put your request in writing. Further you may be charged a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Any questions or concerns?
Alternatively you can opt out of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.