Please login/register to apply for this job.
19 Jun 2020
Full-Time USA – Women’s National Coach
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
- Embrace USA Field Hockey mission to Grow the Game, Serve Members and Succeed Internationally.
- Lead the US Women’s National Team to compete in FIH Pro League 2020-2022, PAC 2021, as well as World Cup 2022.
- Develop and implement a training program for the US Women’s National Team to compete in the FIH Pro League 2020-2022, PAC 2021, as well as World Cup 2022. Such duties will include, but not be limited to, development of the overall regimen of hockey technique and tactical training, competition, and other training needs to include providing for psychology, nutrition, medicine, science, technology and other performance enhancement tools as necessary and appropriate to the US Women’s Senior Team.
- Develop a coaching and administrative support team that report to the Women’s National Team Head Coach
- Work closely with Director of Coach Education and Senior Manager of Coaching and Performance to ensure that coaches and elite athletes entering the program are aligned with the organizational coaching and athlete development philosophy and principles of play.
- Be responsible for evaluating, recruiting and selecting the best players available to play on the US Women’s National Team in compliance with USA Field Hockey and US Olympic & Paralympic Committee guidelines for athlete selection. Ultimate selection decision shall be made by the Women’s National Team Head Coach.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure the program stays within the assigned budget and makes the most impact with the resources available.
- Represent USA Field Hockey nationally and internationally as reasonably requested by the CEO at conferences, seminars, the media, fundraising events, public relations and other occasions as reasonably necessary for the positive visibility of USA Field Hockey. Care will be taken that such requests minimize any conflict with previously scheduled team programming
- Represent USA Field Hockey at all times in a professional manner that reflects positively upon the program, the organization and the United States of America.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned by the CEO.
Women’s National Coach Reporting Structure:
- Reports to the CEO on plans developed and implemented, results achieved, problems/challenges solved.
- Creates and coordinates plans with the National Team Manager within USA Field Hockey policies and guidelines.
- Is a participating member of the USA Field Hockey staff management team
- Selects and supervises support staff to the US Women’s National Team. All staff decisions are made with the approval of the CEO
- Works with the CEO for the recruitment and appointment of support staff to the US Women’s National Team.
- Receives support from professional staff in Colorado Springs who report to the CEO and from administrative staff in Lancaster, PA.
- This appointment will be for a period through World Cup 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume and cover letter. Please address how you feel you could make the most impact to the leadership and development of the Women's National Team program, as well as how you are aligned with the overall mission of USA Field Hockey. Apply via Link
259 total views, 2 today