Volunteering Team Manager
Australian Indoor Hockey World Cup Team
Applications for Managers Positions
(1 Men’s Team, 1 Women’s Team)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced people for the respective roles of managers for the next Australian Indoor World Cup teams.
Applicants are requested to provide a targeted CV of no longer than 2 pages outlining qualifications and experience relevant to the positions. Applicants should also provide contact details for 3 referees.
Hockey Australia will be responsible for appointing the Indoor World Cup Team Managers.
Team Manager Role and Responsibilities
The Team Manager is responsible for:
• Duty of care for the travelling team and staff, during the Indoor World Cup campaign;
• Working closely with the National Indoor coaches, to coordinate all efforts to meet the needs of athletes, and staff to minimise issues that may arise before and on tour;
• Ensuring there is regular communication and updates with athletes, and staff on tour in regard to planning, daily arrangements, scheduling, and risk management concerns;
• Abiding by and implement HA policies and procedures while on tour;
• Acting as the liaison between the host event/tournament organising committees and personnel, staff and the team;
• Acting as the liaison to ensure adequate support, facilities and equipment are available for the team’s staff and athletes on tour;
• Acting as the liaison with the media, or work closely with the touring Media Manager (if applicable) throughout the tour;
• Assisting the team in meeting all Federation of International Hockey protocols and testing procedure responsibilities while on tour;
• Personally, representing and ensuring the team, and travelling staff represent the values of HA at all official functions and in developing and maintaining relations with other touring teams;
• Managing the team budget within agreed limits and ensuring all expenditure is undertaken according to HA financial policies and procedures;
• Ensuring that accurate record keeping, and appropriate evidence is maintained for all tour expenditures;
• Reporting, in a timely manner, all incidents that place HA, it’s staff and athletes at risk;
• Providing written reports for all incidents, and the tour/event.
• Ensuring all player award voting requirements and protocols are completed.
It is envisaged that the Manager’s positions, respectively for the men’s and women’s Australian Indoor World Cup teams, will be fully funded for costs associated with travelling with the teams.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by COB Thursday December 12th. Any queries should be directed to the Chair of the Indoor Advisory Group, Lyn Hill firstname.lastname@example.org or 0417 760 871
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1197 total views, 1 today