Part-Time Talent Academy Operations Manager
The area Talent Academy run by EGHC, are looking for a well-motivated, well organised, people-oriented individual to be the primary point of contact for players and parents who are accessing the newly formed Talent Academy.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to support the development of high-potential junior hockey players who may well be tomorrow’s hockey Talent. You will also be part of a dynamic and friendly team of organisers and coaches who will be developing and delivering the Talent Academy
Background: England Hockey has reorganised the national programme for junior performance hockey training commencing 2022-2023 season. Where this was previously administered and delivered centrally by England Hockey (‘Junior Regional Performance Centres’); this will now be delivered by 17 ‘Talent Academies’ . EGHC made a successful bid to take on the running of the ’Talent Academy’ in the central south east area. Talent Academies will receive nominations for school-year 10,11,12,13 teenagers to attend a series of assessment days and and ongoing training sessions for smaller groups of selected players throughout the year.
16 hours per week, mainly by correspondence but also with expectation to be present at times for some sessions and meetings; many of the sessions will be on Sundays and weekday evenings.
The post-holder will
- make all routine communications to advise players about training and match sessions, membership and subscriptions;
- be managing contact details and must therefore understand the importance and responsibility of data protection.
- create and maintain a database of members, attendence and subscription
- be expected to respond in an appropriate and timely manner to enquiries and problems, seeking help or forwarding these to appropriate academy staff members as necessary.
- work collaboratively and flexibly with the Talent Academy committee
- be a good communicator and ideally have some past experience of junior hockey either themselves or from the perspective of a parent or close relative of a junior player
- understand the England Hockey Talent System Framework (https://www.englandhockey.co.uk/media/news/gb-hockey-talent-system-framework)and its objectives.
- be familiar with email and social media communications and use of spreadsheets and will be able to learn the use of England hockey player management system (currently ‘GMS’)
- Organise and ensure availability of facilities, equipment and coaching staff for session
- Be proactive in ensuring everything is in place for the operations of the Talent Academy
- Creating, managing and evolving processes & systems to ensure the smooth, safe running of the academy
- Be obsessed about safeguarding, welfare, health & safety and quality in everything we do
How to ApplyPlease apply by email with details of experience and covering letter to: Oliver.Harley@eghockey.co.uk
203 total views, 2 today