Full-Time Senior Men’s Assistant Coach
Hockey Ireland is seeking to appoint a full-time Senior Men’s Team Assistant Coach, to help lead the team towards achieving its strategic objectives, namely to compete at the Olympic Games, World Championships and European Championships.
To apply please send your CV and a Cover Letter to email@example.com. Closing date is 5pm Tuesday 25th July 2022. Interviews to be held during the week starting 29th July 2022.
About Hockey Ireland
Hockey Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of field hockey in Ireland. Governing the 32 counties of Ireland, the Association is responsible for the management and overall development of all areas of the sport.
- Reporting to the High-Performance Director, the Senior Men’s Assistant Coach will be responsible for providing world-class coaching support to the Senior Men’s team
- This role also involves working collaboratively and innovatively with the wider Senior Men’s management team
- The Senior Men’s Assistant Coach will also be required at times to work alongside the National Development Head Coach to assist in the development of these players towards Senior representation
- Identify, develop and manage the current group of identified players in the Senior Men’s training squad
- Assist with coaching of the Senior Men’s team using modern coaching techniques, tactics and trends
- Monitor and evaluate player performance for team selection using relevant data
- Deliver and support with the delivery of regional sessions – as designated by the Head Coach
- Assist with the development of a group of identified players in the National Development squad
- Communicate effectively with staff, players and relevant stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Hockey Ireland Junior Age Grade National Coaches as designated
The required candidate
The successful candidate will be an experienced, driven, detail-focused and disciplined self-starter who is committed to bringing team success to the Senior Men’s team and developing the best of Ireland’s elite hockey talent.
Experience and credentials:
The experiences and credentials below are a guide and are not intended to be inclusive or exhaustive and may be amended over time due to the changing needs of the organisation:
- Proven record of success in international hockey
- Experience in planning, organising and implementing a comprehensive international, domestic or regional coaching programme
- Ability to apply the principles of coaching, sport science, medicine and technology within a high performance programme
- Efficient and organised, with exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Level 3 and/or FIH coaching qualifications or equivalent (or working towards them)
- Proven methodologies in the development of elite talent and performance
- Understanding of sports science principles in modern day athlete development
- Exceptional people skills, with an emphasis on the management of player and coach personnel
- A competent knowledge of the latest coaching software systems
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A full clean driving licence.
- Capacity to travel domestically and overseas for extended periods
Applicants should note that the above list is not exhaustive and is subject to change as required as appropriate.
The contract role will commence in August 2022 and is through to December 2024 with the possibility of extension (with annual performance reviews throughout).
The process of reporting will be as determined by the High-Performance Director and the Senior Men’s Head Coach
This is a full-time position and will be remunerated in line with the successful applicants’ skills and experiences. Relevant expenses will be covered by the programme. It is conditional that the successful applicant must be able to live and work in Ireland.
Closing date for applications: 25th July 2022 (5pm)
Expected Interviews: July 29th
How to Applyhttps://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3165877333 To apply please send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 5pm Tuesday 25th July 2022. Interviews to be held during the week starting 29th July 2022.
341 total views, 5 today