Part-Time Premier Womens Coach and Junior Development Officer (p/time) – Sydney Uni Hockey Club
Sydney Uni Sport and Fitness (SUSF) is a dynamic organisation providing sporting, recreation and fitness services to the University and general community. This involves the management of over 40 sporting clubs, a number of fitness, health and other sport-related facilities, and the coordination of university and community based sport and recreation programs.
The Sydney Uni Hockey Club (SUHC) operates under the guidance of SUSF.
SUHC was founded in 1906 and is rich within the sporting landscape at the University. The Club has produced numerous Australian, AHL and State players as well as providing competitive & social playing opportunities for students and non-student members of the Club. SUHC is a member of the Sydney Hockey Premier League and Sydney Women’s Metro competitions.
The Sydney Uni Hockey Club is seeking a self-motivated individual to undertake the role as Premier Womens Coach and Junior Development Officer. The Premier Coach and Junior Development Officer reports directly to the Director of Hockey, Sydney University Hockey Club
The is a two year part time contract opportunity, working between 18-20 hours per week (depending on the phase of the competition year), commencing January 2022.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all stakeholders – Hockey NSW Participation Manager, Local schools.
- Lead and manage the coaching, development, preparation, culture, and performance of the Premier team who competes in the prestigious Sydney Hockey League and Sydney Women’s Metro League.
- Provide modern structure trends, technical and tactical advice to players.
Junior Development Manager
- To grow participation and awareness of Hockey within the local community and schools, ensuring a safe and inclusive environment is provided.
- Responsible for SUHC Junior programs including, but not limited to: Come Try Hockey, Junior coaching clinics, holiday camps and summer indoor skill development.
- Support SUHC Junior Vice President.
We are seeking an individual with the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated hockey experience and knowledge – as a player and coach
- Level 1 or higher coach Hockey Australia accreditation
- Aspirations to further develop as a coach, including higher levels of coaching accreditation
- Strong positive standing within the Hockey community
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide insightful feedback to individuals
- A willingness to work within a support team which includes, assistant coaches, Director of Hockey and Junior Vice President
- Current Working with Children
- Current NSW Drivers licence
- Current First Aid
The successful applicant will be fully supported and mentored by SUHC Director of Hockey.
- Level 1 Coaching Accreditation
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
How to ApplyPlease send your resume along with a cover letter - addressed to the Director of Hockey, Sydney Uni Hockey Club - via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close cob Monday 22 November, 2021.
318 total views, 6 today