Part-Time Men’s 2’s Coach
Woking Hockey Club are looking for an effective, personable Coach with excellent communication and tactical knowledge to take responsibility for leading their Men’s 2nd Xl training sessions and managing games. The goal for 2021/22 will be for establishment in the new EH South East structure and compete for promotion with the team having competed in Surrey Division 2.
Additional opportunities will be available for the right candidate to help with coaching in other areas of the club, developing coaches and working with the junior section.
Woking is a large friendly, ambitious club operating 7 men’s teams, 7 ladies’ teams, mixed teams and numerous junior teams across the age groups.
- Experience of playing or coaching in regional hockey leagues and above (or equivalent for non UK)
- Qualified to England Hockey Level 2/Sessional (or equivalent)
- EH Coaching Membership (Personal Liability Insurance)
- Proven Record of Continuous Personal Development
- Planning sessions specific to task that maximise contact time
- Coaching science and best practice
- Athlete preparation and empowerment
- Ability to enthuse and motivate
- Good leadership, organisational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as autonomously.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to engage, consult, liaise, and influence, colleagues and athletes and show an understanding of appropriate professional relationships with athletes and staff.
Woking HC will discuss competitive salary with the successful candidate based on experience and the market average for the role.
Recognising the difficulties of the pandemic the club seeks to offer all coaches the opportunity to be employees on a PAYE basis, enabling coaches to have a stable income.
The club would not restrict the successful candidate from seeking additional contract opportunities that do not conflict with their contractual obligations to Woking HC. Those who wish to remain as independent contractors will be considered equally in line with those who would accept a PAYE employment.
Employment subject to successful DBS check made by Woking HC and proof of right to work in the UK.
How to ApplyPlease register your interest to email@example.com
434 total views, 8 today