Contract-Temp Lead Head Coach : Ladies Section
Alderley Edge Hockey Club (AEHC) is looking for a lead head coach for the forthcoming season including pre-season training. The successful candidate will be primarily training and coaching the ladies National League 1st team, but also overseeing and co-ordinating the work of other coaches in the ladies’ section.
AEHC is one of the North West of England’s premier clubs, currently operating 8 ladies’ teams, 7 men’s teams (the men’s 1st team are also National League) as well as veteran and junior teams across all age groups. We are a friendly, welcoming, and highly popular club with an outstanding reputation for the quality of our coaching and player development at all ages and levels.
We are looking for a highly effective, enthusiastic, and approachable coach (or player coach) with excellent interpersonal skills, hockey knowledge and tactical awareness. A key goal will be to build on previous successes, to retain our position as a competitive National League North Conference team and to shape the future direction and aspirations of the section.
- Coach our National League North Conference Ladies 1st team (twice weekly midweek plus Saturday matches).
- Set direction and oversee player development across the ladies’ section.
- Co-ordinate and drive section-wide style of play.
- Support the development of our team of ladies’ coaches.
Key attributes and experience:
- Experience of playing and/or coaching in regional hockey leagues (or equivalent).
- Qualified to England Hockey Level 2 or above.
- Engaging and enthusiastic coaching style with strong communication skills.
- Ability to plan and deliver highly effective training sessions that stretch and motivate all players.
Remuneration is open to negotiation and will be paid on an hourly basis for hours coached and games attended. (There is a Potential for more hours beyond L1 if interested). Please note that the successful candidate will be an independent contractor providing services on a self-employed basis. DBS checks and safeguarding procedures will be done through AEHC.
How to ApplyIf you would like to apply for this exciting position please email our Ladies Chair Paul Buckingham (Buckingham_paul@hotmail.com) including:
- A letter of application addressing how you meet the key responsibilities, attributes and experience required for this role.
- A current CV including references.
980 total views, 2 today