Contract-Temp Ladies First Team Coach
Ladies 1st Team Head Coach, Teddington Hockey Club
Teddington Hockey Club has an exciting opportunity for Ladies 1st Team Head Coach or Player Coach with experience in National or High Regional Leagues, to work with Performance Director Matt Daly and take responsibility for leading THC’s Ladies Performance Squad.
The Ladies 1st team will be competing in the fourth highest league in the country and is seeking a coach to with the technical and tactical knowledge and inter-personal skills to engage and motivate our talented women and drive the team back to the National League. The successful candidate will be primarily training and coaching the Ladies 1st team, but also overseeing and co-ordinating the work of other coaches in the Ladies’ section.
THC is a large and thriving club based in Teddington, Middlesex, with over 460 senior and junior ladies members playing across  senior and numerous junior teams. THC’s Men’s section is equally thriving and the Men’s 1st Team, coached by Wales International Jo Westwood, finished top of the National League Division One South in the 2020-21 season.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious hockey Coach or Player Coach with a passion for the game, within an ambitious and motivated club.
This is a paid role and THC are looking to engage the new Head Coach from August (pre-Season).
- Promotion to National League
- Embrace and instil THC’s core behaviours of playing to win, as a team, fairly and with passion
- Ensure the 1st team is integrated into THC’s player pathways and with our talented junior section
- Make a positive contribution to the club more broadly, including coaching, in support of our excellent volunteer teams and community
- Recruit elite players
- Work with Performance Director Matt Daly to design and implement a playing strategy for the Ladies Elite teams
- Plan and deliver training challenging weekly sessions for 1st team, twice a week, and work with our Performance Department to design and implement squad fitness programmes
- Manage performance based selection for Ladies 1st team squad
- Manage and Coach 1st team squad at all fixtures, typically held on Saturday’s
- Coordinate video analysis sessions (filming and coding will be done for you)
- Monitor performance and provide feedback to players
- Lead recruitment for Ladies 1st team squad
- Support our Player Development Pathway, driving internal development of players within the Women’s and Junior sections, including being a member of Junior Academy Performance Group (identifying and supporting high potential junior players)
- Collaborate with and support the development of our team of ladies’ section coaches, to achieve a consistent approach to coaching across the club
- Demonstration of and management to THC’s stated Values and Behaviours and other Policies, leading a culture of performance and accountability for the Ladies 1st team and the broader Ladies section
- Provide positive input into the whole club
- Integrity, accountability and a desire to win
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
This role is a paid position, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please note that the Head Coach will be contracted on an employed basis. For the right candidate this will be a rolling contract.
How to ApplyHow to Apply If you would like to know more about the position, please email Neil Guilder, THC’s Director of Hockey, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should also send your CV and a brief covering letter outlining your interest and suitability to Neil at email@example.com.
237 total views, 15 today