Part-Time Ladies 1st Xl & Head Coach
WOKING LADIES HEAD COACH
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Woking Ladies 1’s head/player coach for the forthcoming season and beyond. We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven coach with excellent communication skills and tactical knowledge, who will lead the Ladies 1’s in establishing their position in the newly formed Women’s South East Premier Division.
There are additional opportunities for the right candidate to help with coaching in other areas of the club, developing and working with the junior coaches.
Woking Hockey Club is a large, friendly and ambitious club with a long history of grass roots and elite hockey. The club is located in Goldsworth Park and it has its own two pitches and runs its own clubhouse. The club boasts 6 Ladies’ teams and 7 Men’s’ teams as well as a very large and successful Junior section.
Qualifications and Skills.
- Qualified to EH level 2 or equivalent and have a proven record of continuous personal development.
- First aid and Safeguarding certification (position subject to valid DBS certificate).
- Be eligible to work in the UK (UK passport or valid work permit) and speak a good standard of English.
- DBS check and safeguarding procedure will be done through MHC.
- Applications from suitable player-coaches would be considered.
- Plan and deliver high quality, intensive training sessions twice a week (Monday and Wednesday) for the duration of the outdoor season.
- Attend all Saturday home and away outdoor matches.
- Select for league matches, in line with the Club Selection Policy.
- Work closely with, and communicate effectively with, the 1stXI captain.
- The role of 1st XI Head Coach works closely alongside the other 5 Ladies coaches, as well as other club personnel, so good communication skills as well as a willingness to work collaboratively, are vital.
- Support the integration of our junior players into the senior training/playing environment.
- Analyse performances and offer regular feedback to individuals and the squad.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and people management capabilities.
- Strong team-player.
- Positive and constructive approach.
- Keenness to engage in reflective practice with their coaching to develop.
- Flexible and adaptable way of working.
- Desire to play a key role in a vibrant club.
Competitive salary to be negotiated.
If you Love Hockey, Enjoy Coaching, want to develop young talent and are looking for a club that is forwarding thinking Woking could be for you!!
How to ApplyFor more information please contact our men's director of coaching - Cheryl Campling at email@example.com
197 total views, 8 today