Contract-Temp Ladies 1st Team Performance Coach
Job title: Performance Hockey Coach – Ladies 1st team squad
Location: Sports Training Village – University of Bath
Start: July/August 2022
Team Bath Buccaneers Hockey club is based at the University of Bath and play in the Sports Training Village (STV) located in Claverton Down, Bath.
Team Bath Buccaneers is one of the largest hockey clubs in the country. The STV boasts
impressive world class sports facilities with many gold medal Olympians currently training on site. For hockey we play on one water based astro and a new sand dressed pitch on site.
The club fields 8 Men’s teams, 6 Ladies teams and masters teams as well as a thriving junior section. We have long term relationships with local schools in the area. We have pride in being a family orientated friendly club and would welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
This squad finished 2nd in the Conference West League. We have an array
of experienced players, students who play for the University in the BUCS league alongside some incredibly talented junior players from local schools and colleges. Our talent pool extends to U16, U18 Nags and GB EDP supported by many highly experienced NL players.
The short-term target is to see the ladies promoted to National League Division 1 South.
The successful candidate therefore needs to be able to demonstrate coaching of a high level in the National league.
Preseason fitness starts on the 1st July with hockey specific sessions the first week in August. The Ladies 1st and 2nd team squads will train together at the STV on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and the successful candidate expected to attend all training sessions as well as all home and away fixtures that fall on Saturdays with the occasional
There may be opportunities for the successful candidate to apply for other roles in the club or with our partner the University of Bath. We would also be open to discussing additional administration and coaching roles within the junior club which are now vacant and open for discussion.
To support the Performance Director with the successful development, delivery, management, and coaching of the Ladies Hockey performance squad.
You will be responsible for:
• Lead coach for ladies’ performance programme
• Overall responsibility for selection of the ladies 1st team and 2nd teams
• Lead selection for L1 and L2 squads
• Working closely with club coaches to identify and promote potential players from club squads into the performance squad
• Support the Performance Coach with the recruitment, marketing and profile of the hockey performance programmes via our media partners
• Support the club’s relationship with the University of Bath – Team Bath (student performance hockey)
Staff management responsibility
Assistant Coach – Ladies 2nd Team coach
From time to time you may be asked to assist in the facilitation of CPD activities. This will form part of your you to develop coaches.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
You will also be required to work flexibly, including evenings (Tuesday 7pm to 8.30pm & Thursday 8.30pm to 10pm) and weekends as required by the demands of the role.
Video analysis and feedback will be a requirement for this role.
You will be required to hold your own indemnity insurance. You will a contracted self-employed coach.
Criteria: Qualifications and Training Essential Desirable
• Educated to degree level of Sports related subject (or equivalent vocational coaching experience/ level 3 qualification)
• England Hockey Coaching Award Level 2 √
• Hockey Umpires Qualification √
Criteria: Knowledge and Experience Essential Desirable
• Experience of coaching within a high performance/ talent environment √
• Experience of coaching hockey players at a high level of performance √
• Engagement with club/ school network, ideally with the experience and understanding of the talent pathways in hockey √
• Knowledge of strategies for raising high performance in sport √
• Understanding of the pressure points around club/school/player pathways √
• Excellent knowledge of sports development √
• Knowledge of the EHB & Bucs hockey leagues √
Criteria: Skills Essential Desirable
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels. √
• Effective communication skills √
• High levels of organisational skills √
• Ability to work on own and as a team √
• Passionate about and committed to the development of the elite sports players √
• Reliable and punctual √
• Willingness to undertake training related to continual professional development √
• Strives for continuous improvement leading to excellent performance √
Any interested coach should email a covering letter stating
coaching qualifications, coaching experience, and reasons
for applying for the role to
Expected start date: 01/08/2022
Salary: Negotiable and dependant on experience
Application closing date: 30th April 2022
How to ApplyAny interested coach should email a covering letter stating coaching qualifications, coaching experience, and reasons for applying for the role to email@example.com Expected start date: 01/08/2022 Salary: Negotiable and dependant on experience Application closing date: 30th April 2022
839 total views, 1 today