Community Hockey Coaches for our Junior Section
Wimbledon Hockey Club
GAP YEAR PROGRAMME
FREE ACCOMODATION, FREE HOCKEY & GYM,
COACH DEVELOPMENT & QUALIFICATIONS, £250 per week
Would you like to spend a year at a friendly and vibrant hockey club in one of the greatest cities in the world?
Would you like to develop and train as a hockey coach alongside world-class players and top coaches?
Would you like free accommodation, hockey & gym membership?
Can you spare time on weekday evenings and Sundays and want to contribute alongside a great team of over 20 professional coaches?
Answered YES to all of these questions?? Then read on…
Wimbledon Hockey Club is looking for inspirational coaches/hockey players to join its Gap Year Programme starting in September 2022. The programme is designed to offer enthusiastic hockey players the chance to develop and train as hockey coaches alongside some of the best players and coaches in the game. Wimbledon is a thriving club with over 850 junior members, with huge representation at regional and national level – we have 20 Olympians and an increasing number of junior international players.
The role involves working as a lead or assistant coach in the Junior Hockey section, coaching junior players during mid-week evening sessions and on our Sunday training sessions. You will have the option to start or progress your coaching qualifications. Each candidate will be assigned an elite player/coach mentor and given a personal development plan focused on improving their hockey coaching delivery. You will also get involved in the Club’s outreach charity programme, which delivers free coaching to local state schools.
Applicants MUST already have the right to work in the UK and be 18 or over on 1st September 2022
The role will be particularly well suited to hockey players with some experience of coaching juniors and/or working with young people…many coaches in recent years have been gap students taking time out from their university studies. This is a huge opportunity to make connections that will support future coaching & playing careers, and excellent ‘real world’ experience.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion in our workforce.
Each coach will work for 30 hours per week mainly coaching hockey with some off-field work to assist the management of the coaching programme.
The role will commence in Sept 2022 to April 2023, with working days in line with school term dates. During term time, the coach will mainly work between 3:30pm to 7:30pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Sundays.
- During working weeks (school term), coaches will receive a weekly allowance of £250
- Each coach will be provided free accommodation either in a shared house with other coaches or with a local host family. Accommodation and bills will be provided for free for the duration of the programme including holidays
- Coaches not requiring accommodation will be given an extra £100 per week – e., £350 per week during the school termworking weeks
- During the 7-month season, there will be weeks off for UK school holidays, which will give an opportunity for coaches to travel, take part in holiday camps or simply relax! Coaches will not be paid their weekly allowance during break periods comprising Autumn half term, Christmas, Spring half term. There will however be opportunities to earn extra money during these breaks through assistance at our regular camps and clinics
- Very high-quality coaches will also have an opportunity to earn extra money through delivery of one-to-one coaching and clinics
- We are keen to support our coaches to fully immerse themselves in our hockey family and therefore each coach will be given free membership to Wimbledon Hockey Club and the Wimbledon Club gymnasium
- Coaches wanted to extend their stay with us will be considered for inclusion in our Summery Hockey coaching team which runs from April 2022 to July 2022
SUNDAY ONLY COACHES / SENIOR TEAM COACHES
For coaches who are interested but can’t commit 30-hours per week, we have other opportunities:
- Junior Coaches – required to coach junior players on Sundays with the option of additional mid-week coaching between 3:30pm or 6pm to 7:30pm during school term, and
- Senior Team Coaches – required to coach a senior team midweek and Saturdays during the England hockey season.
We pay a competitive hourly rate for junior and senior coaches.
What you need…
- Bags of energy, enthusiasm and an ability to inspire others with your love of the game
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally have played hockey to a high standard
- Sound technical hockey knowledge
- Some experience of hockey coaching and /or working with young people (not essential)
- Excellent reliability and time keeping and solid organisational skills with the ability to plan effective sessions
- Fluent English
- Right to work in the UK
- Aged 18 or over on 1st September 2022
How to ApplyTo apply, submit your CV with a covering email to email@example.com
767 total views, 3 today