Part-Time Head of Foundation
Stone HC are looking to recruit someone to lead our Foundation Section, a fun and safe introduction to hockey for children aged 5 – 12
We are looking for an excellent leader with the desire and the experience to work at the very early stages of young players’ hockey journeys. Our Head of Foundation will oversee and develop Stone Hockey Club’s Foundation programme for juniors aged 5-12 and build on our current success.
The successful applicant will be an excellent manager, a great communicator and will drive our Foundation Programme’s Mission to provide a fun, safe and sociable introduction to hockey, whilst developing the critical skills required to progress every young player, and provide a varied and adequate amount of matchplay opportunities. They will bring energy, determination and commitment to the role, and will work under our Director of Hockey and alongside our Head of Academy in implementing our SHC Player Development Framework.
Our Head of Foundation will lead a team of coaches, managers and other volunteers in the provision of weekly coaching and matchplay opportunities. They will also work alongside our Welfare & Safeguarding Team to ensure every player is supported and safe to flourish at SHC.
Deadline for applications – Friday 3rd June 2022
Contract – Part-Time (expected 3hrs per week during season, plus off-season planning)
Contract Period – Start July 2022 (Rolling 12 month contract)
Employment Status – Self Employed (Contracted)
Remuneration – Up to £2,800 dependent on experience
What is my role?
- Implementation and delivery of coaching and competition provision for all players aged 5 to 12. Including both EH age group competitions (Sundays) and Badgers Fixtures (Saturdays).
- Ensure – alongside the Club and Junior Welfare Officers – that all Safety and Welfare responsibilities are always adhered to by Foundation Coaches and Managers.
- Recruit, govern and manage Foundation Coaches & facilitate Coach Development with DoH
- Support implementation of SHC Player Development Framework, by creating a periodised season programme for each group
- Monitor & assess development of players in line with EH Player Profile expectations.
- Provide regular feedback and reporting to players & parents on player progress within the SHC Player Development Framework
- Alongside the Director of Hockey help facilitate a link with local schools to provide hockey in the community, being the first “point of welcome” for new members.
- Pro-actively coordinate the transition of Foundation Players into the Academy when they reach Year 6, providing reports to the DoH on all players.
- Recruit and manage Foundation Team Managers and Badgers Team Managers with regards to selection and organisation for participation in fixtures and competitions.
- Promote the Foundation Section, its offerings, successes, and any relevant information through posting on official club social media channels.
How to ApplyTo apply for this role, please click here to access and complete our application form. For further information or an informal chat about the role, please contact our Director of Hockey, Robbie Smith email@example.com
110 total views, 11 today