Part-Time Head of Academy
Stone HC are looking to recruit someone to lead our Academy Section, a fun and challenging Talent Development programme for children aged 13-18
We are looking for an excellent leader with the desire and the experience in working at the crucial stages of development in a young players’ hockey journey. Our Head of Academy will oversee and develop Stone Hockey Club’s Academy programme for juniors aged 13-18 and help us build a sustainable Talent Development environment, that is not only safe and fun but also stretches and challenges.
The successful applicant will be an excellent manager, a great communicator and will drive our Academy Programme’s mission to provide a fun, safe and stretching talent development environment. They will bring energy, determination and commitment to the role, and will work under our Director of Hockey and alongside our Head of Foundation in implementing our SHC Player Development Framework.
Our Head of Academy will lead a team of coaches, managers and other volunteers in the provision of weekly coaching and matchplay opportunities. They will also work alongside our Welfare & Safeguarding Team to ensure every player is supported and safe to flourish at SHC.
With the new changes to the EH Talent System coming into effect, it is important the candidate has a sound understanding of this new system and has the determination and skills to build a Programme that can gain accreditation as a Talent Centre within the next 18 months. As an addition to this, the applicant must have a good understanding of what it takes to develop players with potential in a Talent Development environment.
Deadline for applications – Friday 3rd June 2022
Contract – Part-Time (expected 3hrs per week during season, plus off-season planning)
Contract Period – Start July 2022 (12 month rolling contract)
Employment Status – Self Employed (Contracted)
Remuneration – Up to £3,500 dependent on experience
What is my role?
- Implementation and delivery of coaching and competition provision for all players aged 13 to 18. Including EH age group competitions (Sundays).
- Ensure – alongside the Club and Junior Welfare Officers – that all Safety and Welfare responsibilities are always adhered to by Academy Coaches and Managers.
- Recruit, govern and manage Academy Coaches & facilitate Coach Development with DoH
- Support implementation of SHC Player Development Framework, which falls in line with EH Complete Player Qualities model.
- Monitor & assess development of players in line with EH Player Profile expectations.
- Be the first “point of welcome” for all new players into the Academy Section, and provide regular feedback and reporting to players & parents on player progress within the SHC Player Development Framework
- Alongside the Director of Hockey and Club Captains, help facilitate a strong link with the Adult Sections to ensure an effective and safe pathway into adult hockey for all players aged 13+.
- Recruit and manage Academy Team Managers with regards to selection and organisation for participation in fixtures and competitions.
- Promote the Academy Section, its offerings, successes, and any relevant information through posting on official club social media channels.
How to ApplyTo apply for this role, please click here to access and complete our application form. For further information or an informal chat about the role, please contact our Director of Hockey, Robbie Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
617 total views, 1 today