Contract-Temp Executive Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About Hockey Australia
Hockey Australia is the national governing body for the sport of Hockey, responsible for leading the growth and success of Hockey in Australia. Operating with the highest level of integrity, we drive participation by offering contemporary opportunities to play the game and through the delivery of world class events. We aim to provide the best possible high-performance program and facilities, in addition to unwavering support to our iconic national teams the Kookaburras and the Hockeyroos who will shortly be competing at the Olympic Games!
As a strong values-based organisation, our inclusive culture, employee benefits and commitment to learning and development, are the reason why we believe we are an employer of choice in the sporting industry.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Executive Assistant to the CEO to fill a 12-month parental leave contract. This vital position will provide high quality administration and governance support to the Hockey Australia CEO, Executive, Board of Directors and its Committees.
• Managing the daily management of the CEO’s workflow by intercepting incoming communications & correspondence, prioritising tasks and filtering through necessary actions.
• Manage emails, calendars and schedules and ensure that the CEO is well prepared with all required information and agendas prior to meetings
• Attend Executive, Board, Board Sub-Committee and Council meetings and prepare and distribute minutes for approval
• Assistance in the management of Board and Council members to schedule meetings, distribute papers, provide inductions and answer queries
• Managing executive travel arrangements both national and international
• Oversee the development, collation and delivery of key executive level documents and reports
• Coordination of leadership team key meetings, including the preparation of agendas and presentation materials
• Ensure the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion are maintained
• Assistance with special projects such as major HA events and functions including VIP invitation lists (i.e. hall of fame and life members)
Experience, Skills and Attributes
• 5+ years’ experience providing senior level executive support
• Productive, deadline-driven and efficient, with great attention to detail
• Highly driven, motivated, efficient and well presented
• Strong gatekeeping and diary management skills
• Juggle multiple priorities
• Exceptional organisation and time management skills – of yourself and others
• Ability to work within a dynamic, fast paced sporting environment
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Able to build and maintain collaborative relationships with staff, executive, Board members and external stakeholders
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Focused on getting the best outcome for Hockey Australia
Benefits and Culture
Based near the MCG in East Melbourne, Hockey Australia is an exciting workplace to be a part of with progressive and passionate staff that embody the HA values. In addition, we offer a range of excellent benefits including workplace flexibility, learning and development opportunities, and retail discounts amongst other things.
Hockey Australia will offer a salary package dependent upon the successful applicant’s skills and experience.
How to Apply
• If this sounds like you, please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the role addressed to Lauren Watt, GM – Finance, HR & Administration by 8th December 2019. A full copy of the position description is available on request (firstname.lastname@example.org). • Hockey Australia is a welcoming place where we seek to engage respectfully with people with diverse experiences and backgrounds. All applications are gratefully received, and applicants will be considered on their ability to do the job and alignment to our Values. In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
527 total views, 1 today