Part-Time ELHC Mens 1st Team Coach
East London Hockey Club (ELHC) Men’s 1st XI are looking for a new head coach. The team will be playing in the London Premier League (1 league below national league) next season having finished last year’s campaign top of their league and unbeaten, having only conceded 7 goals along the way.
The team’s objective is to be playing national league within the next 2 years and require a skilled and ambitious coach to help them get there.
ELHC train and play at the home of England hockey, Lee Valley Tennis and Hockey Centre in Stratford’s Olympic village and are proud to be one of the country’s largest clubs.
Successful applicants will need to bring a competitive nature, excellent relationship development skills, innovative match day strategies and training ideas that bring the most out of the squad. In return, the club will support the new coach based on their recommendations and requests to ensure that they are equipped to deliver on the Clubs objective of national league hockey.
We are ready to start interviewing applicants as soon as possible so that the new coach can be in place to oversee a full pre-season program throughout summer 2021.
This would ideally be a long-term appointment and you will be expected to fulfil all the duties of a head coach for ELHC Men’s 1st XI. This includes but is not limited to:
- Planning and delivering training sessions suitable for a performance team in the London Premiership
- Attend all match days at weekends (including a warm-up and post-match debrief)
- Take part in weekly club and team selection
- Deliver effective team tactics on match days with adaptability
- Work with Men’s 2nd XI Head Coach on development, selection, training sessions and team tactics, ensuring that open communication is upheld throughout the entire season
- Help identify leading young players across ELHC, working with other coaches and captains to manage their development towards the Men’s performance teams
- Monitor performance and provide feedback to players
- Support the delivery of pre-season Men’s club trials and on-going squad fitness
How to ApplyCandidates with at least a UK Level 2 coaching Qualification, or working towards this qualification, eligible to work in the UK (valid UK passport, work permit or leave to remain) and speak a good standard of English can apply by sending their coaching CV, references & short summary of interest to ELHCHDO@gmail.com.
235 total views, 10 today