Full-Time Development Officer
POSITION: BWHA Development Officer (DO)
REPORTING TO: General Manager
HOURS: Paid at 38 hour week with flexible working hours
covering early mornings, evenings and weekends
REMUNERATION: As per Sporting Organisations Award
$50,925.00 to $59,122.00pa based on qualifications
+ 9.5% Superannuation, Phone and Mileage Allowance
CONTRACT TERM: Initial contract term is 1 year, with an option to extend for two further periods of one year.
OBJECTS OF THE ASSOCIATION ARE:
• To foster, promote, manage and control the game of field hockey for women and girls throughout the Greater Brisbane area and in any other surrounding districts which from time to time become affiliated.
• To plan, develop, construct, maintain, manage and promote the use of facilities for the development and playing of the sport of hockey.
• To identify, select, train and educate talented members in all areas of the sport of hockey.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
• The Development Officer will work as part of the BWHA development team to deliver member development programs in BWHA, in particular, development of players, coaches, umpires and technical officials from entry level to state championship level
• The programs offered will align with the BWHA Strategic Plan, the Hockey Queensland (HQ) Development Plan, and directions set by the BWHA Board of Management and will include schools and outside community groups.
• Learn and work within BWHA Rules, Policies and Procedures
• Assist as time allows with general administration duties in the office as part of the small BWHA team including but not limited to data-entry, answering phones etc.
Organise & conduct Participation Programs
• Active After School Care Programs
• School Programs
• Expos; Active Parks; Have A Go Days
• Diversity and Inclusion programs
• Conduct Community Coach assessment
• Assist with Club Development Programs
• Identify & Educate Club Coaches to help deliver BWHA Participation programs
• Assist with the selection of and provision of feedback to BWHA Representative coaches
• U11 Program Development/Selection
• Support all BWHA programs (particularly U13)
• Liaise with selectors
• Oversee U7 & U9 Rookey competition
o Development/Skills Day
o Liaise with Junior Committee & Game day co-ordinator
• Oversee JTAS Competition
• Visiting Schools/Teams
Umpire and Technical Development
• Work to plan and develop umpiring and technical pathways
• Link umpire and technical development with coach and player development
• Promote the message of respect for all officials from coaches, players, spectators
• Work with the Umpiring and Technical Committee in respect to Umpire and Technical Development
• Attend HQ coaching conferences
• HQ Programs: by agreement nominate as State Coach and/or State Selector
• Develop plans to meet HQ development KPI’s
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Level 1 HockeyEd accreditation in both Coaching and Umpiring preferred
• Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle to carry out duties as required
• Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Ability to work with Rules, Policies and Procedures.
• Organised and thorough
• Good communication skills
• Current Blue Card (Qld Working with Children Check)
How to ApplyAPPLICATIONS: • Applications should address the position Skills and Requirements and include a personal resume. Please provide no more than 3 pages. • Full resumes with details of referees should be brought to an interview if granted. • Please send to The General Manager, BWHA, 16 Melbourne Street, Windsor, 4030, via email email@example.com by Friday 29th November, 2019.
499 total views, 1 today