Full-Time Competitions & Events Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About Hockey Australia
Hockey Australia is the national governing body for the sport of Hockey, responsible for leading the growth and success of Hockey in Australia. Operating with the highest level of integrity, we drive participation by offering contemporary opportunities to play the game and through the delivery of world class events. We aim to provide the best possible high-performance program and facilities, in addition to unwavering support to our iconic national teams the Kookaburras and the Hockeyroos who will shortly be competing at the Olympic Games!
As a strong values-based organisation, our inclusive culture, employee benefits and commitment to learning and development, are the reason why we believe we are an employer of choice in the sporting industry.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Competition & Events Coordinator to assist with the coordination and delivery of HA National and International events within our Events team. This important events role will play a key role in the effective planning, coordination and delivery of both competition and officiating elements for all HA Events and Competitions. In addition, this role will engage with stakeholders both within HA and externally, to deliver seamless world class events.
• Assistance with the effective planning, coordination and delivery of the competition and officiating elements for all HA Events and Competitions held within Australia
• Administer the maintenance of accurate records of competition documentation (e.g. competition schedules, results, medical incidents, code of conduct incidents, award winners, etc)
• Contribution to budget development and coordination for each of the Australian Championships and assist HA’s Finance Department in finalising the invoices to all States and Territory Hockey Associations
• Assistance in the continued development and enhancement of event operations manuals, guidelines and procedures for all HA Events and Competitions
• Maintenance of strong relationships with HA key external stakeholders including State and Territory Hockey Associations, International Governing Bodies, Advisory Committees, Partners and Suppliers, Umpires and Officials.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with involvement in the sporting industry highly regarded.
• Approaches the role with energy and enthusiasm
• Strong administrative, coordination and organisational skills
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills gained from previous work experience or community involvement.
• A demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and report against budgets
• Able to build and maintain collaborative relationships with staff members across all departments and external stakeholders
Undergraduate university degree in business, events management, sports management preferred, but not essential
Benefits and Culture
Based near the MCG in East Melbourne, Hockey Australia is an exciting workplace to be a part of with progressive and passionate staff that embody the HA values. In addition, we offer a range of excellent benefits including workplace flexibility, learning and development opportunities, and retail discounts amongst other things.
Hockey Australia will offer a salary package dependent upon the successful applicant’s skills and experience.
How to Apply
If you would like to become part of the team, please submit your current resume and a covering letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the organisation to Lauren Watt, GM – Finance, HR & Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday 10th November 2019. A full copy of the position description can be found on our website. Hockey Australia is a welcoming place where we seek to engage respectfully with people with diverse experiences and backgrounds. All applications are gratefully received, and applicants will be considered on their ability to do the job and alignment to our Values. In order to comply with mandatory Child Safety Standards, all employment is subject to a valid and current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
706 total views, 5 today