Part-Time Club Coaches for Adults and Juniors
Sevenoaks HC is seeking a number of enthusiastic professional coaches to join their fast growing Junior and Adult coaching team.
Sevenoaks Hockey Club is a non-profit club built by volunteers and sustained by its members. The club’s dedicated purpose is to cultivate talent and aspiration in anyone who loves hockey by developing players and leaders, encouraging participation, and building community through lifelong friendships.
The club has aspirations to play Premier league hockey indoor and outdoor and to fulfil a substantial role in the new England Hockey Talent Development framework.
The club has over 900 members including 600 juniors supported by a team of over 100 coaches and managers; some of whom are paid and many of whom are volunteers. Following several years of sustained development and success we are looking to recruit additional coaches to work with the Adult and Junior operations in leading the club through the next stage of its development.
Potential Junior Coach Responsibilities:
- Working closely with assistant coaches, young leaders and managers to ensure that players, across all abilities, experience a safe, fun and positive environment in which they can further develop their hockey.
- Taking responsibility for pre-match, match and post-match activities for agreed age groups.
- Attending coach development opportunities deemed relevant to the role.
- Delivering the programme in accordance with Sevenoaks HC and England Hockey policies and procedures.
Potential Adult Coach Responsibilities:
- Men’s Second team Coach (currently play in Premier Division East)
- Ladies Second team Coach (currently play in East Region Premier Division)
- Back to Hockey Coach for sessions running day time and evenings
- Delivering curriculum and after school hockey in local schools
- Delivering holiday camps as part of the Sevenoaks Holiday Camp coaching team
Your Experience (Desirable):
- A proven track record of success in developing both Junior and adult hockey players, teams, and coaches within a relevant progressive environment.
- Experience of working with children and young people within a coaching environment.
- Use of Video Analysis to improve individual player and team effectiveness.
- Hold or be willing to work towards the England Hockey ‘Hockey Coach’ (level 2)
- Understand the EH Player Pathway principles.
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate and DBS (enhanced) check. Have attended a Safeguarding Children Workshop in the last 3 years (or be willing to attend at the next possible opportunity).
- Can work as lead coach and as part of a team, to deliver an integrated development programme.
- Excellent attention to detail with high standards for self; team; players; and coaches.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Passionate, inspirational and motivational.
- Committed to personal, team and organisational development.
- Team player.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive package (£6,000 – £16,000) which will take into account their relevant experience and the volume of coaching taken on with each of the roles available.
How to ApplyPlease contact Jacqui Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a covering letter and CV. We look forward to hearing from prospective candidates.
290 total views, 7 today