Volunteering Club Coaches
Based at our home ground in St. Edward’s College, West Derby, Liverpool, we are expanding our Coaching Team to support the club’s growth and development strategies over the next 5 years+. Therefore, we are currently recruiting talented and ambitious Coaches to support us with our carefully designed training plans.
About the Club
West Derby HC is a family-felt club with a legacy spanning back to 1888. Currently boasting 50+ members, and growing, we have two Men’s teams in the North Hockey League and North West Hockey League, and a big Women’s squad in the Lancashire League. We also have a mixed Hockey team.
Longer term plans is to implement a Junior Development function, eventually achieving the ClubMark accreditation.
– Lead Coach
– Assistant Coach
– Development Coach
Supporting the Head Coach, you will collaboratively implement your innovative ideas and skills to achieve our aims of promotion for all teams. We need dynamic, forward-thinking, humble coaches, with a focus on your own Coaching development plan. Contributing to the smooth and necessary flow to training sessions, successful applicants will need to bring a competitive nature, excellent relationship development skills and creative training ideas that bring the best out of our squads, and those who are new to hockey. You will be supported by a Level 2 coach who is developing the coaching programme.
You, the Coach
– Adult Hockey Coaching experience at Assistant or Lead Coach level
– Up to date with current COVID-19 related restrictions and rules
– Calm, patient and compassionate approach to club player development
– Confidence to communicate with all levels of the club, and teamwork mentality for the coaching team
– England Hockey Sessional Course (level 2) certification
– England Hockey workshop certificates
– Confidence in demonstrating understanding of current coaching methods and England Hockey’s Golden Thread throughout your delivery
– Adult team coaching experience
– First Aid trained
– DBS certificate
What’s in this for you
– This is a voluntary opportunity to develop your coaching skills and experience at a very competitive level of hockey
– Be part of a success story about taking a well-established club to a new level
– Free membership for our newly renovated clubhouse and to play in our mixed team
Subject to restrictions relating to COVID-19, training will take place at our new pitch from 19:00-20:30 on a Wednesday. You may be required to travel with a team on a match day.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
How to ApplyHow To Apply For more information or to express an interest in the role, please send your Hockey and Coaching CV to email@example.com or call Rob on 07494349897.
259 total views, 3 today