Community Club Coach
CLUB: Chippenham Hockey Club (CHC)
Chippenham Hockey Club (CHC) is an inclusive and family friendly club, based at Chippenham Sports Club; CHC has a proud past and an exciting future with a pitch, a warm-up area and clubhouse all within the Sports Club complex. As a Club we run 9 senior league teams – 4 Ladies’ and 5 Men’s, together with a large Junior section plus veteran and mixed sides. The Ladies’ and Men’s 1st XIs play in the West Hockey Leagues and are currently in Premier Division 2A and Conference North respectively, looking to gain promotion to Premiership/Championship.
CHC are looking for an exceptional Club Coach who can:
1. Lead a team of Section Coaches to create an intensive and inclusive training environment, while encouraging the development of all Club players, whether they are new to hockey, on the England Hockey (EH) Player Pathway or established Senior members.
2. Commit to the full programme of training, coaching and matches.
3. Create winning teams and a Club ethos, which all players want to be a part of.
4. Offer new ideas and perspectives to benefit all players and our local community projects.
1. Create a short, medium and long term coaching plan for the Club.
2. Use EH methodologies where appropriate within that plan.
3. Manage the team of Section Coaches and Coach assistant volunteers to deliver the coaching plan.
4. Work with young players, while recognising their welfare and protection needs.
5. Work with the Section Coaches to identify and develop players for future Senior squad places.
6. Work with Section Coaches to provide input when required to squad selection.
1. Attend Club events as required.
2. Attend Coaches’ meetings as required.
3. In conjunction with the Section Coaches, attend and watch games involving the Club’s lower sides to gain better understanding of future player potential.
4. Work with Section Coaches to identify and build a development plan for Junior players who could be future Senior squad players – Understand the need for our U12 year olds to be aspiring to be in the 1st XIs as part of their transition.
5. PERSON SPECIFICATION
1. Must hold an EH Coach Award or as a minimum an EH Sessional award.
2. A dynamic coach who is able to deliver inclusive development opportunities.
3. A “can do” attitude and solution focussed approach.
4. Coaching experience that is complimentary to the needs of Club. Plus a strong understanding of the requirements of creating a positive progressive environment; a forward thinking coach who understands a games-based and constraint led coaching approach.
5. As part of this the Club Coach will show:
> Evidence of creative and effective practice design and session planning.
> Good communication skills to clearly and accurately share information.
> Excellent observational skills relating to talent identification.
> Self-motivation to work independently and as part of a team.
6. Have a current enhanced DBS clearance.
7. Have attended a SCUK Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Sport workshop within the last three years.
8. Have a First Aid qualification (achieved in the last three years).
9. Have EH Coaching membership or equivalent valid Public Liability Insurance for coaching.
Appointments will be made based on suitability against the job specification, evidenced experience and appropriate references.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your coaching CV, including the names and contact information of two independent referees who have knowledge of you in a hockey/coaching capacity.
Short listed candidates will be asked to attend an interview and will be asked to supply the following:-
1. Scanned copy of current First Aid certificate.
2. Scanned copy of current SCUK Safeguarding & Protecting Children certificate.
3. Proof of valid coaching insurance.
4. Scanned copy of coaching certificates.
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Salary: Monthly rate for Training Sessions and Match Days, to be determined based on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will be required to invoice the Club on a monthly basis.
Contact: Mark Grantham E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyPlease send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your coaching CV, including the names and contact information of two independent referees who have knowledge of you in a hockey/coaching capacity.
437 total views, 1 today