Internship Young Coach Development Programme
Wimbledon Hockey Club, based in South West London, is looking for inspirational amateur hockey players to join its Young Coach Development Programme starting in September 2019. Each candidate should be a role-model and mentor for our junior players at the club. In exchange for 35 hours/week assistance with our coaching schedule, you will be provided with free accommodation and have home bills and basic weekly food requirements covered. You will also be given free membership to the club with the opportunity to participate as a player alongside some of the highest quality coaches in the game. Each candidate will have the option to be supported to start or progress their coaching qualifications with financial support and mentoring to England Hockey Level 2 equivalent standard and beyond. Each candidate will be assigned an elite player/coach mentor and given a personal development plan focussed on improving their hockey coaching delivery. This will include the opportunity to work with and learn from world-class coaches and players.
The opportunity is open to all and is particularly well suited to high-performing amateur hockey players with some experience of coaching juniors. This is a huge opportunity to make connections that will support future coaching & playing careers.
· Have played hockey to a high standard – first teams, county, national, international levels
· Sound technical hockey knowledge
· Ideally some experience of hockey coaching and will have worked with young people previously (although high standard hockey athletes with a keen interest and an ability to learn quickly will be considered without prior coaching experience)
· Fluent English
· Energetic, enthusiastic, and able to inspire others with their love of the game
· Responsible and mature, able to take an active part in family life as part of their house stay
· Have or are demonstrably able to obtain the right to live & work in the UK (Club sponsorship is NOT available)
· The role starts in September/October 2019 running for 6 or 7 months through to the end of March 2020.
· The weekly schedule comprises approximately 30 hours of coaching per week.
· You will receive a weekly allowance of up to £250 to cover travel & weekly living expenses.
· Accommodation and bills are included – each candidate will be provided a room within one of our host families located in and around Wimbledon. Depending on numbers, some candidates may be housed in a shared house/flat with other participants.
· Food is provided by the host family as part of their normal family meals. Special food requirements and eating out is paid for by the participant.
· 5 hours per week will be spent helping the host family with appropriate tasks including: extra coaching for the host family, babysitting, taking kids to school etc.
· Coaching typically takes place from Sunday to Friday inclusive, with Saturday as a free day.
· During the 6-month season, there will be weeks off for UK school holidays, which will give an opportunity for participants to travel, take part in holiday camps or simply relax!
· Much of the mid-week coaching will be performed in the evening although there will also be day-time coaching as part of the local schools’ outreach project.
How to Apply
To apply Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
478 total views, 7 today