Contract-Temp Women’s Head Coach
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Role Description – Women’s Head Coach
The primary role of the Women’s Head Coach is to provide the female players of QUT Hockey Club Inc. a high level of coaching and knowledge, strategic direction and maintain the structural integrity of the Women’s teams across all competitions that the club is competing in.
As Head Coach you are responsible for the delivery of all trainings and game preparation for your team (the highest affiliated Senior Turf team, at present, Division 1), as well as the ongoing support to your panel of coaches for the entirety of the season.
The Women’s Head Coach is responsible to the QUT Hockey Club Inc. Board of Management and Women’s Competition Committee.
The Women’s Head Coach sits on the Board of Management as a non-voting member.
The Women’s Head Coach should:
• Attend the fixtures and training of their team
• Attend the fixtures and trainings of other QUT Women’s divisions across all competitions when required
• Arrange a suitable level of fitness trainings (quantity and quality), to players in all divisions and competitions (which is accessible to all members free of charge).
This can be conducted by the coach, if qualified, or through the delivery of a qualified fitness professional* – to be paid by the club.
Should the Women’s Head Coach choose to use external services, they must be ratified by the QUT Board of Management.
• Adhere to the QUT Selection Policy throughout the selection process.
• Provide meaningful feedback to their panel of coaches
• Provide meaningful player performance feedback
• Offer mediation to coaches or players where necessary
• Implement player recruitment and retention strategies
• Support the development of players, coaches and umpires of QUT Hockey Club Inc.
• Devise and implement strategies for the development of QUT Hockey Club Inc.
• Support QUT Board of Management policies, procedures and decisions
• Provide a seasonal report on coaches, team and player development to the QUT Board of Management at the conclusion of the season
• Arrange off-season development to your discretion (plans must first be ratified by QUT Board of Management)
*at present, QUT Hockey Club Inc. has an employed Strength and Conditioning Coach.
As a representative of QUT Hockey Club Inc. the Women’s Head Coach must take professional responsibility for their role at all games and trainings.
Being the Women’s Head Coach of QUT Hockey Club Inc. is an opportunity for personal and professional development, complimented with the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of the club and hockey within Brisbane.
• Remuneration for services is to be determined by the candidates qualifications and experience, to be determined by the QUT Board of Management
• Provided with club apparel and access to club equipment during their contract
• Professional support by Brisbane Women’s Hockey Association
• Opportunity for representative honors within Brisbane Women’s Hockey Association and Brisbane Men’s Hockey Association
• Opportunity to experience a leadership role, and exposure to seasonal and club planning processes.
• Opportunity to work in a positive and encouraging environment.
• Publicly acknowledged for contributions to the Club.
• A minimum of a HockeyEd Level 1 Coach Accreditation
• Blue Card – Working with Children Check
• Coaching experience
• Communication and planning skills
• Access to phone and internet
• HockeyEd Level 2 Coach Accreditation
• Previous experience as a Division 1 coach
• Previous experience as a coach within Brisbane (BWHA or BHA)
• Good working knowledge of QUT Hockey Club Inc., including rules, policies and the duties of all management positions and sub-committees.
Appointment Terms and Time Commitment Required
• The Women’s Head Coach is elected by the QUT Hockey Club Inc. Women’s Competition Committee for the current year and is appointed for a term of 12 months.
• The estimated average time commitment required as the Women’s Head Coach is 5-8 hours per week for the duration of the 12 months.
• In addition, the Women’s Head Coach will also be required to attend:
o monthly management meetings (approx.. 1.5 hours in length),
o the QUT Hockey Club Inc. AGM (approx.. 2 hours in length),
o meetings with affiliated partners
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your coaching portfolio, or to seek further information.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1251 total views, 1 today