Part-Time Women’s 1st Team Head Coach
Club – Brooklands Poynton Hockey Club (BPHC)
Location – Brooklands Sports Club, Whitehall Road, Sale M33 3NL
Contract Type – Service Level Agreement
Grade – Pay range £4000-4500 per Season (July-Mar)
Hours – Two training sessions a week (Time/Date TBC/Negotiable) + Saturday Fixtures
Starting Date – July 2019
The Brooklands ladies 1st team will compete in the newly formed “Division 1 North” for the 2019/20 season. Brooklands have ambition of gaining promotion to the premier division having gone to promotion playoffs twice in the last five years missing out both times. The post holder will deliver quality coaching, management and organisation for BPHC’s Women’s 1st team. This role will work closely with the Women’s 2nd, 3rd and 4th team coaches in supporting a transparent selection policy throughout the club. The team trains twice a week at Brooklands Sports Club and plays 22-24 fixtures between September and March. Training will be on either a Monday or Tuesday night but the usual slot of 7-8.30 on a Thursday is confirmed. The coach is encouraged to add a team manager to their staff but if this isn’t possible the club will support in the recruitment of one.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Deliver an effective coaching programme that helps improve the performance and experience of playing members within the Women’s 1st team.
• Plan and deliver an effective pre-season in August and give individual player feedback throughout the season.
• Lead coaching sessions for all training sessions & match days.
• Lead the club with input from team captains (and other coaches where appropriate) to select playing squads and maintain a transparent selection processes and pathways between squads.
• Help support the development of BPHC 1st team players currently attending JPRCs
• Foster and create a strong team bond and performance culture within the team.
• Provide feedback through video analysis (Hudl) for players.
• Provide regular information and status reports.
• To ensure all sessions comply with Health and Safety regulations
• To work within an equal opportunities framework.
How to Apply
Application Process - Closing Date May 16th 2019 Please send a copy of your Coaching CV and a brief cover letter (Max x500 words) explaining why you would like to do this role: BPHCChair@gmail.com. The interview process will include both a practical and verbal interview on a date agreed by the two parties. For informal any queries regarding this role please contact James Plowright at the email address listed above.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
851 total views, 5 today