Part-Time Women’s 1st Team Coach
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The University of Manchester Women’s Hockey Head Coach
School/Service – Sports Development Office
Location – Armitage Sports Centre, Fallowfield, Manchester
Contract Type – Service Level Agreement
Grade – Pay range £2500-£3000 per Season (Sep-Mar)
Hours – Monday’s 8:00PM-10:00PM, Friday 6:00PM-8:00PM and Wednesday afternoon game-day’s (TBC based on fixtures)
Starting Date – September 2017
The post holder will deliver quality coaching, management, organising, delivering and monitoring performance to the University of Manchester’s Women’s Hockey club and increase their performance in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS). This role will not be required for any weekend fixtures or training sessions. This role will primarily be responsible for the coaching and management of the 1st team who play in BUCS 2A North. The team trains twice a week at the Armitage Centre and plays 10-14 league games and Cup fixtures between October and March.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Deliver an effective coaching programme that helps improve the performance and experience of playing members and the Women’s hockey club
• Lead sessions (fulfilling the 1st team coach position in most instances unless otherwise agreed); oversee all coaching of the club including delegation tasks to additional coaches where appropriate.
• Attend and manage BUCS fixtures of the 1st team or assist another club team in the event of no fixture.
• Assist the Club and team captains (and other coaches where appropriate) to select playing squads and maintain transparent selection processes and pathways between squads. This will require attendance at trials.
• Assist in recruiting students to engage with coaching opportunities, providing opportunities where appropriate to coach within the club.
• Mentor other coaches within the club, and offer support where appropriate to members who wish to undertake coaching qualifications or opportunities within the Coaching Pathway.
• Provide regular information and status reports, as agreed with the Coach and Club Development Coordinator, on team and club performance and progress.
• Record player attendance at all training sessions and games.
• Work closely with the Club & Coach Development Coordinator and committee members to assist with the development of the Hockey at The University of Manchester.
• To ensure all sessions comply with Health and Safety.
• To work within an equal opportunities framework.
How to Apply
Application Process Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to: James.Plowright@Manchester.ac.uk. For informal any queries regarding this role please contact James Plowright at the email address listed above.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
352 total views, 1 today