Full-Time Head of Governance and Compliance – England Hockey
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
England Hockey is recruiting for a Head of Governance and Compliance to lead and deliver the governance and compliance management functions and to ensure that England Hockey is legally compliant with sound governance systems in place.
In addition the postholder will have responsibility for leading and developing good governance throughout the sport of hockey.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with your team of reports:
• To ensure that England Hockey complies with all relevant legislation, including but not limited to Company, Health and Safety and Employment Legislation.
• To ensure that all necessary records and registers are maintained in accordance with relevant legislation.
• To comply with all reporting and other documentation regulations in respect of the business activities of England Hockey.
• To provide timely advice to the Board of England Hockey on governance issues and relevant legislation for the organisation and the wider sport.
• To ensure that high quality company secretariat services are provided to the Board and the members of the organisation
Ethics and Compliance
• To ensure that England Hockey’s Code of Ethics complies with best practice and is properly implemented
• To manage Safeguarding Disciplinary Hearings in partnership with England Hockey’s external safeguarding consultants
• To support England Hockey’s Safeguarding Manager and champion the delivery of high quality safeguarding practices throughout the organisation
• To ensure that England Hockey’s anti-doping processes are WADA compliant and adhered to.
• To ensure that Equality and Diversity are championed at all levels throughout the organisation and that England Hockey meets its legal obligations.
• To oversee and lead a review of the sport’s regulations so that they can be implemented fairly, consistently and effectively across the sport using central and local expertise and resources
• To prepare and maintain a realistic business continuity plan to deal with incidents that may cause normal office facilities to become unavailable.
• To ensure that appropriate insurance cover is maintained by England Hockey.
• To establish a culture and processes for sound risk management that includes a review procedure, not only for overall corporate activity, but also for individual projects and other initiatives
• To oversee the human resources function to ensure it delivers a high quality service to employees, management and the Board.
• To support the HR Manager to ensure that best practice and legislative requirements are adhered to.
Any other reasonable management request.
For further information and details of how to apply, please click on the link below.
Closing Date: Friday 7th July, 2017 at 5.00pm
Interview Date: Wednesday 19th July, 2017
Location: Bisham Abbey NSC, Marlow, Bucks
Salary: £45k – £52k (dependent on experience)
How to Apply
Please submit your CV (maximum 3 pages) with a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) by email to Michele Townsend clearly identifying how your skills and experience are relevant to the requirements outlined in the job description. use the apply online button
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1081 total views, 4 today