Full-Time Provincial High Performance Head Coach
Position: High Performance Coach
Reporting to: The Executive Director
Contract Duration: April 1, 2020 – August 15, 2021 (negotiable)
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Hours: This is a permanent full-time position (37.5-40 hours per week). It is a requirement of the job that some of the basic hours be filled during weekends & evenings. Some travel will be necessary at the provincial, regional and national level. There will be a three-month probationary period with opportunity to extend contract on a yearly basis.
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Duties & Responsibilities
Coach Training and Support
• To develop, implement, and facilitate a regional coach education and mentorship program for the province of Alberta through training programs, “Coaches Corners”, and Newsletters.
• Help to identify coaching prospects and assist in assessment and individual advancement.
• Attend meetings, as required, to represent the high performance and coaching aspects of field hockey within and outside the association.
• Complete and participate in professional and coaching certification opportunities through Sport Canada and Field Hockey Canada when available.
Administration and Organization
• Create and implement a four-year plan with the direct support of the High Performance Committee
• The development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a comprehensive integrated performance model which ties in with the Long-Term Athlete Development Strategy as developed by Field Hockey Canada.
• Create a regional training model that can be utilized in all centers in Alberta.
• Preparation of reports, plans or documents and attend meetings as required by the Executive Director and the Executive of Field Hockey Alberta.
• Ensure program details are communicated in a timely manner through various platforms (RAMP registration, website, Teamsnap, social media)
• Other Duties as required (e.g. booking travel/accommodations, managing tournaments, ordering equipment etc.)
Athlete Training and Program Development
• To design and implement training and competition programs for provincial level athletes.
• Provincial team program coaching duties and travel to tournaments and National Championships if necessary.
• Facilitating high performance programs for provincial athletes.
• Advise on structure and implementation of Youth program (recreational, Goalies, Owls Development and Team Alberta) and support/liaise with clubs and regional organizations as required.
• Promote and be an ambassador for Field Hockey Alberta.
• Proficient in coaching both Field Hockey and Indoor Field Hockey
• Experience in the creation, implementation and evaluation of multi-year development plans for grass roots through to Provincial (or equivalent) Team programs.
How to Apply
All individuals that have a passion for field hockey are encouraged to apply by sending a full coaching CV together with a cover letter and a minimum of three (3) references to email@example.com.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
563 total views, 13 today