Part-Time Mens 1st Team Head Coach/ Player Coach
After highly successful season, and winning promotion to South Hockey League Premier Division 2, Maidenhead Men’s 1s have an exciting new vacancy for experienced hockey coach or player/coach.
The club and players have created a plan to target promotion into South Hockey League Premier Division 1 for the coming season.
Role responsibilities include:
• Plan, lead and deliver Mens senior squad training and match day preparation.
• Manage and attend Mens 1st team match day fixtures as head coach/player coach.
• Mens 1st team match day squad selection with support from Mens 1st team captain.
• Liaise with team captains and Mens Section leadership team as appropriate on player selection, retention and development.
• Develop and support club coaches as appropriate.
• Ad hoc advice to club committee on coaching strategy, coach development and policy
The ideal candidate will have:
• Essential: Minimum 5 years’ hockey coaching experience.
o Of which minimum 2 years’ hockey coaching experience at regional level or higher.
• Essential: EH (England Hockey) Level 2 coaching qualification, or equivalent
o EH Level 3 coaching qualification, or equivalent is desirable.
• Highly Desirable: Demonstrable track record of player development at National and/or junior performance centre level.
• Highly Desirable: National league level coaching or playing experience.
The Maidenhead Men’s senior squad are highly ambitious and have an excellent ability level with many of the current players having previous experience at a South and National level. The team successfully won MBBO Region 1 last season and want to take this positive momentum into 2019/2020 season.
The successful candidate will be competitively compensated, based on experience and qualifications.
We are looking to appoint this role immediately.
How to Apply
To apply or speak with us about this role, please contact Robert Kempton email@example.com About Maidenhead Hockey Club: Maidenhead Hockey Club has combined membership of over 400 active players, fielded across 6 Men’s teams, 5 Ladies teams and a large active colts section. The club is recognised by England Hockey as a 'large club' and has the Clubs First accreditation, the England Hockey hallmark for a well-managed Hockey club. The club has recently invested in a new water based playing surface at Altwood School which was laid in April 2017. The pitch is owned and managed by the club. The club has a highly successful track record on player development with many colts having gone on to play at national league and international level.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
674 total views, 6 today