Full-Time Manager Performance Pathway & Network
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Hockey Australia is the peak body for the sport in Australia from community hockey through to Olympic Games. As a national sporting organisation for hockey it is responsible for the development and delivery of a variety of programs and competitions across national and international levels.
Hockey Australia’s mission is to encourage, promote, develop and administer hockey at all levels to maintain Australian hockey as a world leader and a game for everyone. This will be done through managing Australia’s international high performance program and maximising participation, enjoyment and community profile”
What is Hockey Australia looking for in their Manager Performance Pathway & Network?
A dynamic and skilled leader, who has a proven understanding of high performance pathways and a passion for high performance talent development. You will thrive working with a diverse stakeholder groups across Australia and working with a common goal to deliver quality high performance pathways for future national players across the women and men’s programs.
You will have a good grasp and experience in strategy development and execution and have an innovative approach to addressing complex and challenging problems.
What does the Manager Pathway & Network do? Directly responsible for the delivery of sustainable development strategies in partnership with the National Institute Network and the State/Territory Associations. These strategies will target player and coach talent development and are feeder programs into the National High Performance programs.
This role requires a strong focus on stakeholder engagement, providing oversight and management to the SIS/SAS and State/Territory partners as well as operational support to the National Development, Junior and Futures programs.
The role has five key functions;
1. To lead the engagement with State and Territory Hockey Associations and SIS/SAS partners regarding National Training Centre programs and provide the primary operational contact point for HA to drive Sustainable International Success and the development of pathway athletes;
2. In conjunction with the SIS/SAS program managers and the National Senior and Junior Coaches, support and build capacity and capability in the 12 NTC coaches;
3. Provide operational support to the National Junior Coaches and Managers for National Pathway programs i.e. National Development, National Junior and Futures Groups, competition and other related development activities;
4. In consultation with the National Coaches and State/Territory high performance and development personnel, manage, deliver and/or facilitate a range of education and training seminars and workshops for participating athletes, coaches and parents.
5. To communicate, drive and embed HA values along with HP conduct and behaviours to our National Junior Coaches, NTC network and athletes and staff involved in HA pathway programs.
This role is also key to the delivery of HA’s Business Driver for High Performance. Sustainable international success is only achieved by future players being delivered through a world class player development model.
Who are you?
An experienced high performance practitioner, extensive experience in athlete pathways and a strategic thinker with a good understanding in operational delivery.
Skills and Experience
▪ Broad related experience in High Performance Pathways.
▪ Demonstrable experience in strategy development, strategy execution
▪ stakeholder engagement.
▪ Leadership qualities including people management, communication, setting direction and driving accountability
▪ Demonstrated experience in managing diverse stakeholder groups across national and or state programs
▪ Sound financial insight and proven experience in developing and managing budgets and associated reporting mechanisms
▪ Ability to work with the HP Leadership Team to provide update, information, insights and direction.
▪ Tertiary qualification in related area of talent development/pathway programs
▪ Alignment to the values of Hockey Australia.
▪ Analytic intelligence and initiative
▪ Leadership and a willingness to work with others and show empathy
▪ Outstanding communication skills
▪ Innovative approach to addressing complex and challenging problems.
▪ Supportive leadership style designed to drive collaboration and engagement.
▪ A passion for HP Talent development
How to Apply
Are you interested in the role? To have a confidential discussion and find out more about this exciting opportunity or a more detailed Position Description contact Paul Bruce on 0407 426 592. In your application, you should include; ▪ covering letter ▪ indication of the remuneration you are expecting ▪ resume
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
755 total views, 1 today