Community Lead Performance Coach – Men’s Hockey
Boots HC are in an exciting development phase. Over the last 30 years the club has grown from strength to strength, and has grown its membership considerably. We now field 6 women’s teams, 6 men’s teams, an incredibly successful Junior Academy boasting over 140 members and mixed/social hockey.
We’re in the process of reviewing our strategy, to create a long term development plan for our club; growing our membership, improving our facilities, opening up new ways to participate and playing our part in the hockey family.
Key to this is our focus on player pathway and our club’s presence in the top flight of Midlands hockey for both our men and women’s 1st teams.
For our juniors, we want to see more of our young players reaching the regional/national development programmes.
For the 2019-20 season and beyond we are looking to appoint a new Performance Coach for the Men’s section.
We’re really keen to hear from experienced coaches and player/coaches alike, who have the experience to help us build on our solid foundations.
We want our Lead Performance Coach to create an intensive, pressurised but fun training environment to encourage the development of effective decision makers and highly skilled players who can help achieve our goals for 2019-20 season and beyond.
We are looking for effective, dynamic and engaging people to join us who can:
• Help us develop and deliver an excellent programme of hockey in line with the club’s vision and strategic aims
• Be able to lead the overall technical and tactical development of our men’s performance squad and be the lead and give focus to our men’s performance squad in training and match day competition settings.
• Can help support our club in the player pathway development programme and help improve our player selection and management policies.
• Help support our club coaches at various stages of development and to ensure that a consistent approach to coaching is created at our club, working with our existing lead in the women’s performance squad.
• Can help our Club Management Team implement a developmental culture that enhances individual player development, facilitates learning and gives players a strong sense of individual and collective (team) responsibility.
• Bring empathy and compassion into the role, be exceptional at player management and be effective on and off the pitch
The appointment will be key in helping us to maintain our current pool of great players, and to attract and recruit excellent hockey players in our region. It represents a fantastic opportunity for experienced hockey coaches, or player/coaches who would like to bring their experience and skills to our club. You’ll need a passion for hockey, a proven track-record of delivering high quality hockey coaching and be able to articulate how you can help shape the future of hockey at our club.
How to Apply
If you are interested and would like an informal chat, you can call our Men's Hockey Lead - Jim O'F on 07967 307699 or our new 1st Team Capt, Ben Docherty on 07767 766492 Or, apply by sending send your hockey CV with a covering letter to: Sam@wilsonscott.co.uk James_oflaherty@hotmail.com Qualifications Safeguarding & Protecting Children course attendance (or willingness to attend) Enhanced DBS check At least a Level 2 Hockey Coaching Qualification, or incredible experience in National League Hockey/International Possibly working towards your technical licence/ACP First Aid Certificate The successful candidate(s) will be hired on a fixed term (self-employed) consultancy basis at rates negotiated based on experience, qualification and level of commitment. They will not be employed by the club and should make their own arrangements for tax and National Insurance. If you'd like to apply, we'll need you to send a covering letter and your CV to the email address above. • Relevant coaching/playing experiences and qualifications • 2 references (one of which being from a previous employer and one from a coaching/club playing role)
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
148 total views, 3 today