Part-Time Lead Junior Section Coach
• Oversee all sessions hired for and coach as required
• Ensure each session provides opportunities for novices and elite players
• Training is delivered in an enjoyable and fulfilling way for all
• A clear season-long plan is developed with the coaching team
• Volunteer coaches have clear roles and responsibilities and are fully supported
• Assist in developing a plan to recruit, train and support our volunteer coaches
• Put away equipment checking for any damage or missing items.
• Self motivated and works well without supervision.
• Excellent time management
• Organised with excellent planning abilities
• Good personal & communication skills.
Reports to: Chair of Junior section
Liaison with: Junior coaches (largely volunteers).
This is a unique opportunity to join Stratford’s amazing team of coaches and help take the club’s junior section to the next level.
• Minimum EH Level 2 or Sessional Hockey Coach qualification
• First Aid
• EH Online Safeguarding
Hours: (these are negotiable for the right candidate:)
• Training on Wednesday evenings during the season (September to March). Begins at 6pm – 8pm (potential for a 5:30pm start too) and is split into two one hour sessions.
• Training U14 age group 6-7pm on a Friday evening.
• Training U14 age group 7-8pm on a Thursday evening.
• Optional help with age group tournaments and EH age group competitions on a Sunday throughout the season.
• Optional Summer Coaching Programme –May – July.
• Flexibility to cover other coaches on an ad-hoc basis.
Other coaching opportunities:
The Club runs an outreach programme with local primary schools during the school day, this could be included in the applicant’s coaching hours.
The Club has close links with KES Grammar School in Stratford and for the right candidate there is the opportunity for up to 12 hours per week further paid hockey coaching working with the Games department within the School’s growing hockey programme.
How to Apply
Apply by email with a hockey CV to Anne Tubb, Vice Chair Stratford upon Avon hockey Club. firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
451 total views, 3 today