Part-Time Lead coach Sudbury Hockey Club ladies
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Sudbury Hockey Club
The job role
We are looking for a coaches for our adult teams with a primary focus on the ladies 1st XI squad, but with responsibility for all 3 ladies teams.
The person will need to be organised, reliable and committed. They will need to work effectively with teams captains, match day managers and the committee to deliver improved performance and results for the ladies 1s team squad and the capability and overall performance for the remainder of adult teams in the club. Ideally they must be an England Hockey Level 2 coach, or equivalent. We welcome applications from player coaches.
This is a paid role that would be suitable for a person to balance alongside existing full-time work or additional coaching or teaching work. Remuneration is based on an hourly rate (which is set dependant on qualifications) for coaching delivered.
Selection via an initial paper sift followed by interview with SHC committee member/s
Main responsibilities are;
• Setting out a coaching programme for delivery to all adult participants (in season and a strategy to take us 3-5 years out)
• One coach required for our ladies 1st team – the role holders will personally coach the team and travel with them to matches.
• Ensuring coaching is delivered to a programme you define to accommodate all abilities for the ladies teams (3 in total) with a view to delivering progress at all levels in the club.
• Encouraging and developing coach volunteers to gain qualifications and deliver coaching within the club.
• Support the recruitment of players into Sudbury Hockey Club teams.
• Supporting the junior coaching co-ordinator such that there is a complimentary coaching programme and link between the junior and adult coaching.
• Retaining and where possible growing the number of adults participating
• Running coaching camps/learning interventions throughout the year to maintain participation, improve capability and generate revenue for the club.
About the club
Sudbury Hockey Club has circa 100 adult members and we four mens and three ladies teams playing in East League;
Ladies 1sts solidly holding their place in Division 1N, the ladies 2nds promoted this season into Div 3 and the 3rds play Div 5.
We also have a flourishing 100 junior members ranging from aged 7 to aged 17 and field competitive teams in the following age groups; Under 8, 10, U12, U14, U16, U18 boys and girls teams.
See www.sudburyhockeyclub.co.uk for more information about the club
How to Apply
Interested? Come and help us build on our success! Email – Chairman@sudburyhockeyclub.co.uk Please supply CV and covering note and supply a contact telephone number All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
388 total views, 3 today