Part-Time Ladies Performance Coach
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Leeds Adel Hockey Club are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic lead coach for our Ladies Performance squad.
We want an effective, personable coach with excellent communication and tactical knowledge to take responsibility for leading our Ladies performance training sessions and managing the Ladies 1st XI on a Saturday. The goal for 2018/19 would be for the 1st team to push for promotion back to North Division 1.
There will also be additional opportunities for the right candidate to help with coaching in other areas of the Club such as supporting developing coaches and working with our junior teams.
We are a well-established and successful Club, with five ladies teams, five men’s teams and a burgeoning junior section. The ladies first team won the England Hockey Team of the Year in 2016 and the club won 3 leagues, 2 cups and 1 promotion in 2017/18 season. With fantastic facilities on a single site, we’re a leading community club in Yorkshire and we would like the right candidate to come in and be part of our existing coaching structure.
Person specification (essential):
– Experience of playing or coaching in regional hockey leagues (or equivalent);
– Qualified to England Hockey Level 2 (or equivalent);
– England Hockey Coaching Membership (or equivalent personal liability insurance).
Person specification (desired):
– Proven record of continuing personal development;
– Involved with the England Hockey single system;
– Interest in coaching goalkeepers and/or juniors.
– Lead the ladies performance coaching session (for 1st and 2nd XI) on a Tuesday evening;
– Coach the Ladies 1st XI on match days;
– Be the lead selector for the Ladies 1st XI along with the Ladies 1st XI Captain;
– Help to identify leading junior players and work with other coaches and captains to manage their development through to the Ladies 1st XI;
– Provide 1st XI squad players with individual feedback and growth aims.
We are flexible and willing to discuss whether a salary or hourly fee for hours coached and games attended would work best for the prospective coach. Please note that the Coach will be an independent contractor willing to provide their services on a self-employed basis.
How to Apply
How to apply Please submit a CV along with a covering letter via email to the Leeds Adel HC coaching coordinator Simon Ball e: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your CV should include two references, a minimum of one should be a hockey reference. As part of the selection process, we will be asking shortlisted candidates to come and run a session with the Ladies 1st XI. For more information about Leeds Adel HC please visit www.leedsadelhockey.co.uk/
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
275 total views, 1 today