Contract-Temp Ladies Head Coach/Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
BEHC are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Head Coach for our Ladies 1st XI for the 2018-19 season. Successful applicants will need to bring fresh ideas, have an ambitious mind-set and experience of coaching a team to a high standard (ideally regional or above). Having a holistic approach to coaching is also vital to ensure the ladies section is a cohesive unit with seamless pathways between teams.
The established squad are relishing the chance to work with an inspirational coach, or player coach, who is keen to join the BEHC family. The coach must support the team’s ambition to get promoted back into the East League; a bonus payment is available if this is achieved. Our aspiration in the next 5 years is to be playing in East League Div 1S.
Ideally the role will begin with summer league fixtures. This will act as a base to our pre-season alongside a programme of training and friendlies prior to the start of the league.
Applicants must have the ability to coach both technical and tactical considerations and hold an England Hockey coaching qualification. Training will include our 2nd XI squad and potentials from across the 4 ladies teams.
The strength and depth of the ladies section is shown in the current league standings:
• Ladies 1st XI are 2nd in their league
• Ladies 2nd XI are top of their league
• Ladies 3 XI are top of their league and have secured promotion
• Ladies 4th XI are 5th in their league
• Develop a strategy for the 1st XI to achieve promotion into the East League
• Attend and coach on match days (including a warm up and post-match debrief)
• Deliver a weekly engaging training session throughout the season for the 1st and 2nd XI squads so players can reach their potential
• Plan and deliver a pre-season programme in partnership with the Ladies 1st XI Captain
• Be the lead selector for the Ladies 1st XI along with the Ladies 1st XI Captain (this may include attendance at selection meetings)
• Help to identify leading young players and work with other coaches and captains to manage their development through to the Ladies 1st XI
• Monitor performance and provide feedback to players
• Provide guidance on fitness programmes that are tailored to the needs of individuals
• Act as a mentor to other coaches across the ladies section
• Attract, develop and retain players at all levels and ages to play hockey
• Support the delivery of Ladies Club Day
Additional opportunities available if more hours required.
How to Apply
Particulars: • The successful candidate will be regarded as self-employed and provide services for a period of 2 years • Each successful candidate will be asked to sign a self- employed coaching agreement • All candidates must have a residence in the UK and be allowed to work in the UK • Location - Eltham College, South East London • Salary is negotiable depending on experience and breadth of role undertaken • A bonus payment is available if promotion is achieved For more information about the role and/or to apply please send a covering letter, CV and 2 references to: Karen Stevenson, Ladies Club Captain, firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 14th April 2018
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
457 total views, 1 today