Part-Time Ls 1st XI NL Coach with potential to combine with ‘Hockey Professional’ role at Felsted School
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Vacancy: Ladies’ 1st team lead coach, National League East Conference
Who Are We?
Chelmsford Hockey Club is one of the largest and most successful hockey clubs in the East region with nearly 500 members, 15 regularly- playing adult teams and a thriving junior section. Our teams compete at all levels from National League East Conference (Ladies’ 1s) and East Premier A (Men’s 1s) level through to the lower divisions of the East and Essex leagues. The club is seeing significant membership growth and a record number of juniors have been selected for Essex, with many progressing to Junior Regional Performance Centres and several training in the National Age Groups (NAG’s) Academy.
Where Are We?
Chelmsford is a thriving city situated 30 miles northeast of London and only 30 minutes from London by train or 20 minutes from the M25. It received new city status in 2012 and as a result significant investment is being made in major housing, retail, leisure and infrastructure developments in and around the centre. The city also boasts some of the best schools in the country. Established in 1898 Chelmsford hockey club is located outside the city centre (and near the A12) and has excellent facilities with 2 pitches, (being replaced this summer 2017) a spectator stand, a spacious clubhouse and bar plus modern changing room facilities. As a result, the club is used as an Essex Junior Hockey Development Centre.
Our club mission is to attract, develop and retain players at all levels and ages to play hockey that meets their aspirations. This very much includes those with aspirations to play at the highest level. We have a vacancy for a lead coach for our Ladies’ 1st XI to help us achieve this goal, with a view to aiming for a top 4 position in the East Conference in the next 2 years. Player/coaches and overseas applicants (with right to work in the UK) are welcome to apply. Coaches are welcome to apply for the outdoor or outdoor plus indoor role.
Key responsibilities will include
• Planning and leading at least one coaching session a week (Wednesday evenings)
• Video analysis and feedback to the team and individuals
• Providing guidance on fitness programs, tailoring where necessary for individuals
• Leading and coaching the team on match days (mainly Saturdays) in the league and cup
Key competencies we are looking for are
• Proven success in team and individual player development at a relevant standard
• Understanding of the technical and tactical demands of high level hockey
• Good leadership skills including the ability to motivate individuals and build an ethos of commitment, hard work and personal responsibility within the squad
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well with players, other coaches and the club committee. Ability to integrate well into the club as a whole.
• Ability to use video analysis and evidence of how this has been used to develop individuals and the team
• Minimum level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent
There is also an opportunity to combine this role with the role of ‘Hockey Professional’ at Felsted School.
The contract with Chelmsford HC would ASAP in 2017.
Closing date: End August 2017
If interested or if you have any questions please contact Club Development Officer Sally Dalton
E-mail: email@example.com and mobile: 07854060783.
How to Apply
If interested or if you have any questions please contact Club Development Officer Sally Dalton E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and mobile: 07854060783. or Apply Online
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1079 total views, 3 today