Part-Time Hockey Development Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The individual will be responsible for preparing, delivering and analysing hockey sessions.
Fixed Term Contract of 1 academic term (January – to the end of March 2019)
• To work effectively as a member of the hockey department to improve the quality of teaching, coaching and learning.
• To prepare and deliver team training sessions for students aged 11-18.
• To prepare and deliver 1-2-1 skill development opportunities for selected students.
• To assist with the organisation of internal competitions and prepare students for external fixtures.
• To assist with the co-ordination and delivery of the outreach sports programme with local primary and feeder schools.
• To act as a role-model to students through personal performance and professional conduct.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience:
• Coaching experience of Hockey at junior age group level
• Playing experience to a high level.
• A thorough, up-to-date knowledge and understanding of teaching, coaching, officiating and playing.
• An ability to drive a manual car.
An average of 20 hours per week, however, working hours will need to be flexible but will involve games sessions each afternoon, small group sessions and early morning sessions and approximately two outreach events each week. There will be one evening of indoor coaching each week.
Preparation and admin work can be done in hours to suit the successful candidate.
Both Bloxham School and Banbury Hockey Club are committed to hours such as to allow both roles to be combined effectively.
Salary and Conditions:
• Contract period January 2019 – March 2019
• Salary for contract £2,100 (£700 a month) including holiday pay.
• Accommodation and meals provided (meals during term time only).
The post holder’s responsibility will include promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact. The post holder will be expected to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy at all times. If, in the course of carrying out the duties of the post, the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the School s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete an application form which can be downloaded from our staff vacacnies page on our website https://www.bloxhamschool.com/welcome-to-bloxham/staff-vacancies/ and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any queries about this position, please contact the HR team on 01295 724377. Closing date for applications is Friday 4th January 2018. Interviews will be held the following week. Bloxham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
554 total views, 2 today