Contract-Temp Hockey Coach
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
JOB TITLE: Team Coach
REPORTS TO: Macquarie University Hockey Club
PERIOD: 8 January 2019 – 30 September 2019
PURPOSE: The club is seeking quality and aspiring coaches for our premier and lower grade teams respectively. Macquarie Uni hockey club is a growing club with around 180 members and an expected 11 senior teams in 2019. The club is located in the north of Sydney and is made up of Macquarie University students and alumni, as well as other members of the community. The club prides itself on being a welcoming and social club, but also competitive on field club.
EXPECTED GRADINGS FOR 2019:
• Men: SHA PL2, PL3, PL4, SL3, SL5
• Women: SWHL 4, 6 & SNWHA Division B & C
• Work with the Macquarie University Hockey Club, Director of Hockey and other club coaches to determine the individual performance needs of club members
• Assist in the development and coordination of a performance and training program
• Provide expert technical advice to players and monitor their performance
• Liaise with the Club Committee and provide updates of all results and performances
• Regular meeting with Director of hockey
• Commitment to challenging and improving your current coaching knowledge and skills
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
• The ability to evaluate and develop strategies for the successful performance of athletes
• The ability to identify opportunities for improvement
• The ability to set direction and build morale to harness the talents and energy of coaches and team members
• The ability to gain the cooperation and assistance of a range of people to ensure effective working relations
• The ability to organise and prioritise work tasks and responsibilities
• The ability to make independent decisions, take instructions, and operate as a member of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to challenge behaviour that does not support a team approach
PERSON SPECIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
• 1st Grade coaching positions (Men PL2):
Working towards a minimum of Level Two coaching accreditation and two seasons experience in achieving superior results in a sport/performance-focused environment
• 2nd Grade coaching positions (Men PL3, Women ML4):
Working towards a minimum of Level One coaching accreditation and two seasons experience in achieving superior results in a sport/performance-focused environment, desirably working towards a Level Two coaching accreditation
• Other Grades:
Prior coaching experience is preferred but not required
• Approx. 6 Hours per week including training sessions plus game day attendance
• Attendance and involvement in team selections during February/March
• Evening and weekend work will be required
• Remuneration packages are negotiable based on the applicant’s experience
Applications close Sunday, 6 January 2019, and should be forwarded to James Birkefeld (E) email@example.com, (M) 0468 476 691.
All applicants should provide a brief outline of their coaching experience (no more than 2 pages).
Successful applicants will be contacted by Monday January 21th 2019.
How to Apply
Applications close Sunday, 6 January 2019, and should be forwarded to James Birkefeld (E) firstname.lastname@example.org, (M) 0468 476 691. All applicants should provide a brief outline of their coaching experience (no more than 2 pages). Successful applicants will be contacted by Monday January 21th 2019.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
653 total views, 1 today