Part-Time Hockey Coach
Job Title: Hockey Coach
Responsible to: Head of PE
Summary of role
To be responsible, in conjunction with the PE staff of the School, for the management and coaching of hockey across the School and the participation of pupils in a fixtures and competitions.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Provide a very high standard of coaching
• Support established girls hockey teams across the Junior and Senior Schools
• Promote the development of hockey across all pupils at the school
• Accompany teams to away fixtures
• Accommodate and referee home fixtures
• Work with PE staff to produce a coaching plan and a development plan for hockey across the school.
• Undertake any other coaching duties as may reasonably be allocated
• Experience of high level hockey preferably with a coaching qualification
• The successful applicant will be expected to hold or work towards the appropriate first aid qualification
• Knowledge of relevant legislation relating to health and safety
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of working with a wide range of people
• Flexible approach to the demands of the role; the role will require a commitment to work on Saturdays to support inter-school fixtures.
• Ability to work independently and use initiative
• Ability to manage workload and cope with a variety of tasks
Salary: circa £30 per hour subject to experience (term time only)
Plus life assurance cover and contributory pension scheme.
Hours of work approximately 10-15 hours per week term time; days and times to be agreed subject to timetabling but will involve regular after-school and weekend working. The contract is likely to run from September to March each year. 28 days annual holiday per year (pro rata) including statutory holidays.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. For security purposes and, in accordance with the guidance issued by the DCSF, the School asks all applicants to provide evidence of their identity, right to work in the UK, address and qualifications. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Application Form for a Criminal Records Bureau check.
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th April 2017
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to apply by completing the School’s Application Form which can be found on the School’s website: www.stockportgrammar.co.uk. If you have any specific questions or further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1945 total views, 2 today