Full-Time Hockey Co-ordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Wimbledon Club seeks to employ an enthusiastic and inspiring Hockey Coordinator.
This is a full-time role which is predominantly office-based with some pitch-side activities including liaising with parents at training sessions. We are looking for the following key skills and experience:
• Strong organisation and administrative skills
• Attention to detail with a completer, finisher approach to work
• An interest in team sports and ideally hockey
• Experience in playing and coaching hockey is preferable – should the applicant have coaching skills, there is regular additional earning opportunities available through top up coaching
• The ability to show initiative and drive actions forward.
• A can-do attitude with an ability to get things done in a changing and evolving programme of work
• Solid spreadsheet skills
• Strong interpersonal skills having an ability to take direction and then work both alone and as part of team to achieve actions quickly and expertly
The Hockey Co-ordinator’s line manager is The Wimbledon Club Director of Hockey. Day to day guidance will be provided by the Director of Hockey and the Head of Junior Hockey.
1. To assist the Director of Hockey in all aspects of the Hockey section.
2. To assist the Director of Hockey and Head of Juniors in delivering all aspects of the junior hockey programme.
3. To work closely with Performance coaches, the lead junior administrator and other major stake holders of the hockey section to achieve the club’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To administer the budget for Junior Hockey section in consultation with the Director of Hockey
• To receive and sign off all junior coaching invoices before forwarding to the accounts department.
• To co-ordinate coaches for training sessions and matches for junior Hockey including ensuring all the necessary personnel are scheduled to attend every training session and match. The club currently comprises over 700 junior hockey members with hockey every day except for Saturday.
• To help ensure each junior hockey age-group has the necessary team including: administrators, match managers, coaches and umpires.
• Ensure all coaches and volunteers are suitably qualified for the role they are doing. i.e DBS Check/Coaching Qualification/Safety and Child Protection Course/First Aid Qualified
• Book hockey facilities, in consultation with relevant senior section officers, and by agreement with the Director of Hockey. To advise ground staff, bar and catering staff of all home fixtures.
• To organise league and friendly matches for all age groups of junior cricket and hockey.
• To maintain registers and database for junior cricket and hockey members.
• To produce articles for The Wimbledon Club bi annual newsletter.
• To assist with production of articles for Hockey Monthly Newsletter.
• To manage the admissions and recruitment activities of the Hockey club under the guidance of the Director of Hockey and Head of Junior Hockey
• Assist with the integration of juniors to senior teams.
• Assist with production and distribution of information regarding hockey to members and junior member parents
• Author updates to The Wimbledon Club Website under guidance
• Co-ordinate the End of Season Awards evenings.
• Organise the annual Junior Helpers Meal
Health and Safety:
• Ensure that the Club’s Health and Safety rules are observed by those involved, ensuring that all practical sessions are organised with due regard for the safety of the participants.
• Ensure all those working with juniors have the necessary coaching & safe guarding qualifications
Help co-ordinate and provide administrative support to new projects that may be agreed by the Director of Hockey and Head of Junior Hockey from time to time including the following current projects:
• Junior player umpiring and coaching
• Umpire recruitment and training
• Gap year & host family programme
• New pitch
• Overseas junior tours
• Junior indoor practice and matches
• One-on-one coaching service
• Coach education
• Increased goal keeping integration
• Junior admissions and waiting list trial sessions
• Introduction of new under 8 Sunday members
• State school outreach
£24K – Full Time
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and should include: • A cover letter • CV Closing date for applications is Friday 1st June 2018. Invitations for interviews will be sent week commencing 4th June 2018. Interviews will be held at The Wimbledon Club, Church Road, SW19 5AG on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th June 2018.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1319 total views, 2 today