Full-Time High Performance Coach
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Recruiting High Performance Coach
Position: High Performance Coach FHA / University of Calgary Varsity team coach
Reporting to: The Executive Director & FHA Executive
Contract Duration: February 1, 2018 – Feb 1, 2020
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Hours: This is a full-time position on a two-year contract. It is a requirement of the job that some of the basic hours be filled during weekends & evenings. Some travel will be necessary at the provincial, regional and national level.
Duties & Responsibilities
Athlete Training and Program Development
• To design and implement training and competition programs for provincial level athletes.
• Provincial team program coaching duties and travel to National Championships if necessary.
• Facilitating high performance camps for provincial athletes.
• Facilitating the delivery of developmental programs at provincial and regional levels.
• Promote and be an ambassador for field hockey within Alberta.
Coach Training and Support
• To develop, implement, and facilitate a regional coach education and mentorship program for the province of Alberta.
• Attend meetings, as required, to represent the high performance and coaching aspects of field hockey within and outside the association.
• Complete and participate in professional and coaching certification opportunities through Sport Canada and Field Hockey Canada when available.
Administration and Organization
• Create and implement a two-year plan with the direct support of the High Performance Committee
• The development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a comprehensive integrated performance model which ties in with the Long Term Athlete Development Strategy as developed by Field Hockey Canada.
• Create a regional training model that can be utilized in all centers in Alberta.
• Preparation of reports, plans or documents as required by the Executive of Field Hockey Alberta.
• Others Duties as required.
• Proficient in coaching both Field Hockey and Indoor Field Hockey
• Experience in the creation, implementation and evaluation of multi-year development plans for grass roots through to Provincial (or equivalent) Team programs.
• Ability to develop coaches and assist with the implementation of our coaching program.
How to Apply
All individuals that have a passion for field hockey are encouraged to apply by sending a full coaching CV together with a cover letter and a minimum of three (3) references to email@example.com. We are hoping to review resumes as soon as possible. The sooner candidates reply the better.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
2748 total views, 1 today