Part-Time Head of Hockey Development
Time Commitment: Part Time, September to May (12-20 hours per week – evening training sessions, Wednesday afternoon and weekends) with reduced contact in off season
Salary: Competitive rate for the correct candidate. Additionally, successful candidate may receive kit, support for further qualifications and student rate gym membership as additional incentives.
The HoHD will assist the Hockey Clubs with the development, delivery and promotion of the University’s Hockey programme. The post-holder will primarily guide the EU Hockey Clubs with developmental aspects while working alongside their committee and the existing Heads of Performance Hockey: Graham Moodie and Samantha Judge. Balancing the development of a performance culture within the club whilst maintaining the social, inclusive atmosphere will be a key challenge for the candidate. The role also encompasses the modernisation of a robust coaching and umpire development pathway to ensure the progression of the club and our members. Day-to-day, the role requires attendance at selected training sessions and matches to support and encourage our teams to perform to their best.
• Support both student committees and report to existing Club Presidents
• Professionalise our pre-existing coaching and umpiring qualification framework
• Help to maintain a consistent and effective ethos for the club
• Liaise and work alongside the Performance Coaches to ensure playing style of each club is filtered to all teams
• Report to and work with club executive committees to professionalise administrative and financial procedures.
• Point of contact for Scottish Hockey and East District
• Child Protection Certificates
• Experience in a Hockey environment
• Hockey Coaching / Umpiring Qualifications are preferable
• Extensive experience in a competitive sporting environment
• Experience working with young people
• Ability to work independently, with initiative and often unsupervised
• Enthusiastic, proactive and patient
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
How to Apply
Applications (cover letter and CV) should be sent to the following people: George Simonds and Megan Shand at the following addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: 1700 on Monday 15th April 2019; initial interviews expected in early May
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
147 total views, 2 today