Full-Time Manager of Planning and Performance
Hockey Australia Background
Hockey Australia is the governing body responsible for providing Australians with the opportunity to play hockey from junior levels through to elite competition, including the Olympic Games.
Hockey Australia’s 2014-2018 Strategic Plan and Australia’s Winning Edge (AWE) are key instruments driving the direction for hockey and sport in this country. Our values of leadership, integrity, excellence, and inclusion underpin our actions, behaviours and the global reputation we have as a high performing national governing body.
Hockey Australia seeks to appoint a Manager of Planning and Performance to work within the HighPerformance unit. The role will be responsible for managing, planning and coordinating Performance Support services for the Men’s and Women’s National High Performance programs. The role is equally responsible for ensuring the National coordination and dissemination of all HP Performance Support information. This will include implementing systems and procedures to ensure the HA HP Network is working together to enable best practise utilising performance enhancing processes throughout our National and Pathway programs. The role will be based in the HP Unit in Perth, Western Australia.
As a member of the Hockey Australia High Performance unit you will be responsible for ensuring the provision of quality performance support services to both men’s and women’s HP programs, with the clear goal being to achieve medal success at the 2018 World Cup, 2018 Commonwealth Games and 2020 Olympic Games.
In addition, you will work in collaboration with the Head Coaches to drive and influence the elite National network to establish a ‘World’s Best’ performance support network, which maximises the input and investment of all stakeholders and provides personal development opportunities and engagement within the national program for our National Institute Network (NIN) providers.
An integral part of your role will be to develop development and campaign plans that ensure the provision of world class performance support in the HA HP DTE as well as relevant tours, camps and tournaments to enable the progression of a quality pool of athletes within our network.
Position reports to High Performance Director – HA High Performance Program
Internal Relationships – HA Coaches, HA Operations Manager, HA Support Services Staff, Athletes, Administrators
External Relationships – NTC Coaches, NTC Performance Support Providers, AIS, University sector, strategic partners
Location – Perth, Western Australia
- National Police Clearance / Western Australian Working with Children’s Check
- First Aid & CPR certificate
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the techniques and methods to deliver results across all aspects of performance support at benchmark events.
- Contemporary best practice understanding of SSSM for High Performance;
- Understanding of appropriate sports science services and resources that can be applied to deliver peak performance. Knowledge and understanding of the national and international factors that influence hockey and the Australian sport system.
- Understands the alignment of the underpinning SIS/SAS network and the importance of data/information sharing.
Skills and Abilities
- Teaching, developing, motivating and empowering others;
- Compelling communication to effectively engage, consult, liaise and influence management, colleagues, and athletes;
- Ability to create innovative solutions for performance outcomes
- Ability to foster positive relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrated capability to plan, coordinate and drive the implementation of world class system wide SSSM practises;
- Strong capacity to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team as well as work autonomously;
- Analyse and interpret complex data and provide recommendations to the coaching group
- Can identify trends, patterns and opportunities for improvement based on data and results of reporting
- Supports reporting and other information gathering using excel and other tools
- Ability to work under time pressure and deliver in short timeframes
- Collaboration within a high-performance support team to collectively contribute to the high performance outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to assist with the development of an international standard training program to support the needs of elite coaches
- Assisting with the execution of a long-term training and competition plan that guides the development of the elite program
- Demonstrated ability to share and engage a wider network with contemporary coaching pedagogy
- Experience working with high performance sporting teams in match day situations
- Acts in a way that recognises the worth and contribution of each person
- Communicates in an open, honest and respectful manner
- Works collaboratively, challenging and encouraging to achieve higher performances
- Takes time to share information to increase the collective knowledge of the high-performance environment and the national hockey system
- Demonstrates a high level of motivation, is oriented towards goals and aims to achieve result for one’s self and others
- Acts with integrity and makes decisions considerate of personal values aligned to the values of the organisation
- Understand personal responsibility and holds themselves accountable
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous personal and professional learning and development.
How to Apply
Please apply via the Apply Online button - applications close 5pm on Monday 18 September 2017.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
939 total views, 3 today