Full-Time EXECUTIVE OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Executive Officer has delegated responsibility for the achievement of Hockey NT’s vision, strategic objectives, operational plans and budgets, and the day-to-day management of Hockey NT, providing direction for, and leadership of, the organisation and its stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the Position:
1. Embrace, foster and promote Hockey NT’s mission, vision and values throughout the organisation and the Association.
2. Provide advice to the Board on policies, strategy, finance, risk management and governance.
3. Implement the Board’s agreed strategy within delegated authority to ensure that Hockey NT’s strategic plan objectives are achieved.
4. Ensure the effective delivery of services to members including but not limited to game management and player development services.
5. Use sound leadership practices to ensure an active, inspired and engaged organisation by providing team members with adequate support and opportunities to fulfill operational requirements and be fully engaged in their roles.
6. Maintain and develop relationships with all external stakeholders and represent Hockey NT through regular and proactive communication and liaison ensuring that any concerns are dealt with promptly and effectively.
7. In conjunction with the Board’s Audit, Finance, Risk, and Governance Committee, develop and implement operational plans and budgets and monitor performance indicators taking corrective actions to ensure that performance and forecasts are aligned with expected results.
8. Ensure good organisational governance and the continuous improvement of the systems, processes, and activities of Hockey NT.
9. Contribute to and identify new and diverse events and activities to bring to Marrara Hockey Stadium which enhances utilisation and generates income.
10. Ensure risk management and asset management plans for Hockey NT and Marrara Hockey Stadium are in place and continually reviewed.
11. Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations applying to, and commercial agreements executed by, Hockey NT.
• Experience working in or with member-based sporting associations
• Proven communication skills to engage authentically with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to engage with government concerning infrastructure investment
• Adequate marketing and media skills
• Commercial acumen to explore revenue opportunities
• Willingness to travel regionally and interstate
• Ability to think and act strategically
• Exceptional organisational governance track-record
• Demonstrated effective leadership and management skills Levels
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to Peter Sommerville Applications close Friday 16th November 2018
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
748 total views, 1 today