Part-Time Director of Hockey / Men’s 1st XI Coach
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Director of Hockey / Men’s 1st XI coach
West Herts Hockey Club is well-established and has enjoyed success throughout the club for a number of years. Our aim is to continue to maintain the balance between high performance hockey and family club environment
The club is looking to appoint a Director of Hockey / Men’s 1st XI coach for the coming 2018/2019 season. Relegated last season after a four year stint in the NHL East Conference, our men’s 1st XI is aiming to return to the NHL this season.
The role will comprise two main responsibilities:
Director of Hockey
To provide strategic direction, leadership and oversight of both the men’s and women’s hockey programmes. The Director of Hockey will take responsibility for all playing matters – including oversight of all men’s, ladies and junior hockey, all coaching and coach’s development etc.
Men’s 1st XI squad coach
To plan, lead and deliver coaching for the Men’s 1st XI squad
Key responsibilities to include:
• Arrange suitable pre-season fitness and training sessions
• Planning and leading two coaching sessions weekly (preferably Tuesday and Thursday evenings)
• Video analysis and feedback to the team and individuals
• Providing guidance on fitness programs, tailoring where necessary for individuals
• Leading and coaching the team on match days (mainly Saturdays) in the league and cup and possible option of Indoor Hockey can be negotiated.
Key competencies we are looking for are:
• England Hockey Coaching qualification
• Proven success in team and individual player development at a relevant standard
• Understanding of the technical and tactical demands of high level hockey
• Good leadership skills including the ability to motivate individuals and build an ethos of commitment, hard work and personal responsibility within the squad
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well with players, other coaches and officials.
• Ability to use video analysis and evidence of how this has been used to develop individuals and the team
• Minimum level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent
The contract would be from July/August 2018
How to Apply
The applicant must have the right to live and work within the EU Remuneration: Negotiable, based on experience, plus expenses Letter of interest with CV to President WHHC – Mark Twine (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1656 total views, 1 today