Contract-Temp Director of Coaching for Junior Section
WOKING HOCKEY CLUB SEEK A DIRECTOR OF COACHING FOR THEIR THRIVING JUNIOR SECTION.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated, enthaustic and creative individual to take on the role of the DOC in the Junior Section at Woking Hockey Club. The individual would need to be an ACP/Level 3 coach, or, alternative an International Hockey player qualified as a sessional/team coach.
Woking Hockey club currently has around 500 junior members and a coaching team of 15 qualified coaches. The candidate would be responsible for overseeing the junior coaching program, mentoring and managing the coaching team, arranging half-term/summer camps and working closely with the committee raising the profile of hockey in the local community.
The role comes with a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with a family focused club offering hockey across all ages.
Woking Hockey Club is a friendly, family-oriented club which has excellent hockey facilities which include two astro turf pitches with an adjoining clubhouse. Both are owned and run by the club. The DOC of junior role is pivotal in the clubs pyramid system which focus on hockey for all, the junior section being fully inclusive, focusing on the development of the junior players alongside integrating them into the adult section.
The DOC main responsibilities will be:
• Director of coaching role consists of mentoring and supporting Head/lead coaches in formulating a program for the season alongside completed session plans.
• DOC is responsible for organizing/coordinating all the half -term camps and Spring training in partnership with the Camps administrator.
• Making sure all sessions have a qualified coach and first aider at the pitch every week.
• Managing the Coaching budget in consultation with the Junior Chair person. This includes coaching staff and equipment.
• To oversee all coaching invoices prior to them going to the accountant.
• To advertise, recruit and interview new coaching staff.
• Attend Club main committee meetings
• Working in partnership with the junior chair, AGM, committee on all junior coaching matters.
• Leading on coaching sessions throughout the season.
• Attending tournaments to review the juniors/coaching progress.
• Run workshops and CPD training events for parent helpers and direct and potential coaches to the appropriate course.
• Implement player profiling.
ACP/Level 3 Coach.
International Hockey Experience/Sessional or Team Coach Award.
Excellent communication Skills.
Good organisation skills.
Good availability for some training sessions and Sunday fixtures.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role please contact Cheryl Campling - email@example.com Closing date for applications: 06 May 19
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
56 total views, 5 today