Full-Time GB Development Programmer Head Coach
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
England Hockey is recruiting to the position of GB Development Programmer Head Coach.
A strategic priority in the Tokyo 2020 cycle is to make a step-change in the breadth and depth of players feeding senior programmes (develop two players, per year with the potential to be world-leading). In 2017, the programme that sits just below the senior programmes will be developing into a full Great Britain programme, with the aim of maximising the potential of future world-leading players and delivering consistent and systemic medal winning performance.
Reporting to the Head of Great Britain Development Programme, the Head Coach will be responsible for planning, implementing and having a transformational impact on player development within the GB Development Programme (and England under-21 programme).
This role will spend approximately one day per week supporting delivery of the England and Great Britain senior programme, and, support the senior women’s programme at major international tournaments (such as World Cup and Olympic Games).
The priorities for the role are:
• Develop two players per year who have the potential to be world-leading at senior international level.
• Provide exceptional leadership through planning, implementing and leading a world-leading development programme.
• Lead the delivery of a high performance culture that underpins success and exceptional player development.
• Support the senior women’s Head Coach with on-pitch delivery (demonstrating a ‘super-strength’) that will add significant value to the senior women’s programme.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be responsible for designing, delivering and reviewing pitch sessions for the GB Development Programme.
• Deliver high-level tactical analysis of opposition, and ourselves in real-time (during matches), prior to matches / tournaments and when reviewing matches / tournaments, using appropriate technology (e.g. Sportscode).
• Conduct scouting across the domestic and Home Nation competition structures, supporting a transparent, open and meritocratic player recruitment process.
Planning and monitoring
• Deliver annual and cyclical plans for:
o The GB Development Programme (and England U21 programme)
o Individual athletes
• Support the Head of GB Development Programme in delivering highly functional relationships across GB.
• Monitor and evaluate athlete performance and store relevant data to ensure standards are met and potential is maximised.
• Lead and work collaboratively with all support staff throughout the programme to assist with the monitoring and development of athletes.
• Deliver an exceptional programme with high standards in all areas of programme planning and logistics.
• An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities in employment and equity issues.
• An understanding of and commitment to their individual responsibility to comply with Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements.
Other duties as directed
• Contribute to the leadership and development of the wider high performance programme (e.g., National Age Group Squads).
• Assist in England and Great Britain promotional activities where required.
• Conduct other duties as directed by the Head of GB Development Programme or GB Performance Director.
The GB Development Programme Head Coach will manage a coaching team, lead and integrate a small Sports Science / Sports Medicine team, and will have a direct and effective relationship with the Performance Managers in Scotland and Wales.
12th May 2017
PERSON SPECIFICATION The GB Development Programme Head Coach must demonstrate England Hockey’s Brand Personality through their behaviours : Ambition Integrity Inspiration Focus Qualifications and Experience Experience of delivering exceptional team-performance and individual player development at the international level (coaching), delivering world class international outcomes. Experience and proven capability in the holistic development of athletes and programmes. Demonstrated experience in planning, organising and implementing a comprehensive high performance coaching programme for elite teams and athletes.
Experience of coaching within a high performance team and network, ensuring the potential of all contributors was maximised. Knowledge of leading trends in coaching, including coaching science, practices and the appropriate application of leading technology tools.
The ability to attain excellence from players, coaches, staff and all stakeholders through the establishment of a ‘winning’ culture.
A minimum of four years of high performance coaching experience that has achieved demonstrable results. A full Driving Licence. Skills and Abilities
Outstanding technical knowledge of individual and team principles including techniques, tactics, coaching trends and international developments.
Well-developed liaison, interpersonal, oral and written communication, and people management skills.
Outstanding communication skills – verbal and written.
Sound administration skills. Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Demonstrated success in managing individual differences and group dynamics.
Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement, observe confidentiality and use discretion and initiative.
Ability to thrive in a pressured environment of irregular and long hours, and capacity to travel domestically and overseas for extended periods.
Driven by achieving results, a passion to succeed. This job description is not intended to be regarded as inclusive or exhaustive and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation. All staff will be expected to work at our major events. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, which will be carried out by EH.
Location: Bisham Abbey NSC, Marlow, Bucks
Salary: Competitive, plus the use of a company car
How to Apply
Please submit your CV (maximum 2 pages) with a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) via Apply Online below, clearly identifying how your skills and experience are relevant to the requirements outlined in the job description. Closing Date: 5.00pm, 28th April 2017 Interview Date: 12th May 2017
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
986 total views, 3 today