Full-Time Competitions and Events Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for an individual with a passion for sport to join our Competitions Team. Someone who will help to shape our new competitions portfolio to meet our aims and to support the delivery of our events.
We have recently undertaken a project to review our Competitions portfolio and are now entering the implementation phase. This provides the opportunity for the successful candidate to lead key aspects of the project to make a real difference, We are introducing competitions that are engaging and relevant to players of all ages and abilities and maximising opportunities for participation in the sport at different times of the year and with different forms of the game.
In addition England Hockey has recently appointed a new Competition Management System (CMS) provider. The CMS will consolidate and drive all elements and stages of the England Hockey competition programme including entries, registration, management, delivery and results. It will also be embedded within our social media platforms to provide an engaging experience for our players, officials, competition deliverers and fans. The system will be introduced for the 2017-18 season.
To assist the Head of Events and the Competitions Manager to deliver the England Hockey competitions and events programme, playing a leading role in competitions activity with a particular emphasis on effectively delivering key elements of the Competitions Review.
The Competitions and Events Officer will report to the Competitions Manager. The department also includes a Competitions Administrator but the role does not have any direct report responsibility.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead on all aspects of the CMS and be the single point of contact with our provider.
• Using England Hockey’s CMS manage a number of designated England Hockey competitions to ensure the smooth running of the competitions to deliver a high quality of customer experience. This will include:-
o establishing and delivering clear, engaging communication processes with participants
o building relationships with and gaining trust of competition organisers and club deliverers
o ensuring that competition regulations meet the requirements of participating clubs and teams and are consistently applied.
• Lead on specific projects that will implement elements of the Competitions Review programme
• Working with the Sales and Marketing Team, develop and support sales and marketing activity to promote and increase entries to our competitions.
• Working alongside the Communications Team, stimulate and build ongoing engagement via social media for participants and followers.
• Provide competition management for England Hockey’s domestic and international events to include pre-event liaison with teams and officials and on-event support, ensuring a great customer experience.
• Monitor the quality of our competitions delivery and help improve entries, engagement and experiences on an ongoing basis.
• Management tasks and projects as appropriate.
The Competitions and Events Officer must demonstrate the England Hockey Brand Personality through their behaviours:
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience of working with CRM and, or, online management systems
• Experience of working effectively and communicating with different groups of people (voluntary sector would be an advantage)
• Experience of project management and delivering successfully on time and to budget
• A high level understanding of and an interest in team sports, competitions and sports tournaments
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and more efficiently
Skills and Abilities
• Positive, cheerful and committed team player with an outgoing personality
• Clear and accurate written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisation and project management skills with a keen attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create a rapport with players, officials and volunteers
• Creative thinking skills with an ability to innovate
• Ability to map processes and comfortable working with logic and online systems
• Strong customer service skills with a propensity to look for opportunities to enhance the customer experience
• Performance driven, able to perform under pressure and work to tight deadlines
• Willingness to work unsociable hours
Location: Bisham Abbey NSC, Marlow, Bucks
Salary: £20k – £26k dependent on experience
Contact: Michele Townsend
How to Apply
Please submit your CV (maximum 2 pages) with a one page covering letter by email to: Michele Townsend, HR Manager, VIA APPLY ONLINE clearly identifying how your skills and experience are relevant to the requirements outlined in the job description. Closing Date: 17:00hrs on Wednesday, 22nd March 2017 Interview Date: Tuesday, 28th March 2017
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1599 total views, 1 today