Part-Time Coach for National League Ladies’ team with GB player David Condon
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Fantastic Opportunity to coach a National League Ladies team supported by current GB player David Condon.
Who Are We?
Chelmsford Hockey Club is one of the largest and most successful hockey clubs in the East region of the UK with nearly 500 members, 15 regularly- playing adult teams and a thriving junior section. Our teams compete at all levels from National League East Conference (Ladies’ 1s) and East Premier A (Men’s 1s) level through to the lower divisions of the East and Essex leagues. The club is seeing significant membership growth and a record number of juniors have been selected for Essex, with many progressing to Junior Regional Performance Centres and several training in the National Age Groups (NAG’s) Academy.
Where Are We?
Chelmsford is a thriving city situated 30 miles northeast of London and only 30 minutes from London by train or 20 minutes from the M25. It received new city status in 2012 and as a result significant investment is being made in major housing, retail, leisure and infrastructure developments in and around the centre. The city also boasts some of the best schools in the country. Established in 1898 Chelmsford hockey club is located outside the city centre (and near the A12) and has excellent facilities with 2 pitches, (both will be replaced in Summer 2017) a spectator stand, a spacious clubhouse and bar plus modern changing room facilities. As a result, the club is used as an Essex Junior Hockey Development Centre.
What is the Opportunity?
We have a fantastic opportunity to coach our ladies 1st XI supported by current GB player David Condon, in order to help the team progress in the National League East Conference division. The team also compete in NL Indoor Div 1 and secured 3rd place after being promoted only last season. The position available is for a lead coach. David Condon will be available to assist and support the coach and team around his GB and club commitments.
Player/coaches and foreign applicants (with right to work in the UK) are welcome to apply.
Key responsibilities will include
• Planning and leading 1 or 2 coaching sessions a week (Wednesday evening evenings as a minimum with indoor training night tbc)
• Video analysis and feedback to the team and individuals
• Providing guidance on fitness programs, tailoring where necessary for individuals
• Leading and coaching the team on match days (mainly Saturdays) in the league and cup and indoor
• Making best use of David Condon’s support and assistance (when available) for the benefit of the team
Key competencies we are looking for are
• Proven success in team and individual player development at a relevant standard
• Understanding of the technical and tactical demands of high level hockey (indoor and outdoor)
• Good leadership skills including the ability to motivate individuals and build an ethos of commitment, hard work and personal responsibility within the squad
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well other coaches, players and the club committee. Ability to integrate well into the club as a whole.
• Ability to use video analysis and evidence of how this has been used to develop individuals and the team
• Minimum level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent
Further coaching opportunities are available at the club if more hours are required, e.g. Junior and club coaching
The contract would start July or August 2017.
Closing date: End April 2017
How to Apply
Contact via APPLY ONLINE or call Sally Dalton on 07854060783 Closing deadline end April 2017
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1012 total views, 2 today