Contract-Temp Club Coaches (Women’s Div 2, 3 & 5, Men’s Div 4 & 5)
Role Description – Club Coach
The primary role of a Club Coach is to provide the players of their team a decent level of coaching and knowledge, while aligning their practices with relevant QUT Hockey Club Inc. policies.
As Coach you are responsible for the delivery of all trainings and game preparation for your team.
Coaches are responsible to the QUT Hockey Club Inc. Board of Management, Women’s/Men’s Head Coaches and Women’s/Men’s Competition Committee.
All Coaches should:
• Attend the fixtures and trainings of their team
• Assist with the fixtures and trainings of other QUT Women’s/Men’s divisions across all competitions when required (the same commitment will be given to you by fellow coaches)
• Encourage all players to obtain a suitable level of fitness by attending fitness trainings provided by the club
• Adhere to the QUT Selection Policy throughout the selection process
• Display a high level of communication with the Women’s/Men’s Head Coach and fellow coaches
• Provide meaningful player performance feedback, with assistance from the Women’s/Men’s Head Coach
• Support QUT Board of Management policies, procedures and decisions
As a representative of QUT Hockey Club Inc. Club Coaches must take professional responsibility for their role at all games and trainings.
Being a Club Coach of QUT Hockey Club Inc. is an opportunity for personal and professional development, complimented with the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of the club and hockey within Brisbane.
• Remuneration for services is to be determined by the candidates qualifications and experience, to be determined by the QUT Board of Management
• Additional remuneration may be provided for those who undergo professional development (by gaining recognized coaching accreditations)
• Provided with club apparel and access to club equipment during their contract
• Professional support by Brisbane Women’s Hockey Association and Brisbane Hockey Association
• Opportunity for representative honors within Brisbane Women’s Hockey Association and Brisbane Men’s Hockey Association
• Opportunity to experience a leadership role, and exposure to seasonal and club planning processes.
• Opportunity to work in a positive and encouraging environment.
• Publicly acknowledged for contributions to the Club.
• A minimum of a HockeyEd Community Coach Accreditation
• Blue Card – Working with Children Check
• Communication and planning skills
• Access to phone and internet
• HockeyEd Level 1 Coach Accreditation (or above)
• Previous experience as a coach
• Previous experience as a coach within Brisbane (BWHA or BHA)
• Good working knowledge of QUT Hockey Club Inc., including rules, policies and the duties of all management positions and sub-committees.
Appointment Terms and Time Commitment Required
• Club Coaches are elected by the QUT Hockey Club Inc. Women’s/Men’s Competition Committee for the current year and is appointed for a term of 12 months.
• The estimated average time commitment required as a Club Coach is 3-5 hours per week for the duration of the 12 months.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a coaching portfolio, or for further information.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
169 total views, 2 today