Community Club Coach / Women’s 2s Coach
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Club Coach / Women’s 2nd XI Coach
Ambitious Northern Club is looking to recruit a Club Coach for the 2019-20 season to join our coaching team. The role will also include being the lead / match day coach for either our Women’s 2’s squad on match days. Candidates need to be good team players and enjoy working as part of a coaching team (including Men’s and Women’s 1’s squad and GK Performance Coaches) to inspire, motivate and encourage players of all standards to develop and reach their full potential. Player Coach applications will be considered (Male or Female).
Are you motivated by the opportunity of working with an ambitious club that is always striving to invest in its facilities, hockey delivery and player experience – are you looking for a new challenge?
Timperley Hockey Club has the ideal opportunity for you! We have some of the best club based facilities in the North of England, and helping deliver our hockey development strategy, the role holder will be able to play key part in developing and delivering our coaching and playing ambitions as part of our coaching team.
Our Men’s and Women’s 1’s play England Hockey League / Investec Women’s National League (North Conference) and Women’s 2s have been promoted to the West Pennine Premier Division of the North Hockey League. Our three other women’s teams play in the Cheshire Women’s Hockey League (Divisions 2,3 and 4).
We also planning the next phase of investment in our facilities that currently include a large clubhouse and two on site floodlit ATP’s. With a dedicated committee, 11 senior teams, masters and mixed teams and a thriving academy and supportive membership it is an exciting time to be associated with Timperley Hockey Club and be part of our future plans. For more details about us please see our website www.timperleyhockeyclub.com
Our strategy is for our five coaches to work as a team, pooling knowledge expertise and personalities to deliver a varied, progressive and challenging coaching model adopted across the Club.
As one of the Club coaches you will lead two main coaching sessions a week (both on a Tuesday evening working primarily with the women between 7.00pm – 10.00pm). The Club Coach will also be appointed to be the lead coach for the Women’s 2s squad for all matches plus club coaching session for other teams.
Our Club Coaches play a key role in delivering coaching to improve the overall standards and capability across all sides, and work with the Performance Coaches and Head Coach, Albert Marcano, to support the movement of players to the squads and are directly involved in selection decisions. Club Coaches will also:
– feed into selection working with the Performance Coaches and team captains
– support the development and delivery of development pathways across the squads and transition to senior hockey and development of Academy players.
Our three Club Coaches will also play a key role in developing and delivering the standards and ethos required to develop our performance squads and those players striving to play at this level. Club Coaches are central to helping to build a strong squad and individual player performance culture, and translate this into on the pitch performance and results for the 1s and 2s squads and in helping players of all ages develop to their full potential.
For the Club Coach role we are looking for an experienced level 2 / EH Club Coach (or equivalent experience) coaches with a vibrant personality to enthuse and inspire the players and translate our vision and strategy into action. A track record of coaching, managing or playing at Regional League level is desirable, but not essential.
The successful candidates must be committed and be able to demonstrate effective planning, delivering and evaluating all aspects of the coaching programmes and work as part of the wider coaching team. The successful applicant’s will be supported by, and work closely with the Men’s, Women’s and GK Coaches and the Hockey Development Chair to facilitate a whole-club approach to player development and coaching experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Working within the overall coaching framework to support the planning of pre-season and in season coaching programmes to create balanced, motivational and tailored sessions to get the most out of all players and squads
• Leading delivery of coaching sessions, within the overall approach, and working with other coaches to manage player selection and movement between sides and developing young talent
• Video analysis and feedback to the team and individuals where applicable
• Supporting and encouraging player fitness and conditioning programs
• Leading and coaching one of the Women’s 2’s squad, on match days (mainly Saturdays) in the league and cup
• Working with the Club’s Academy to develop and deliver the talent and performance pathways and where agreed support or deliver coaching as part of this programme
Key competencies we are looking for are:
• Proven success in squad and individual player development and management at a range of levels
• Good track record of delivering on the pitch results and optimising squad performance through the analysis and application of a range of technical and tactical interventions
• Good leadership skills including the ability to motivate individuals at a range of levels to develop as players and playing squads
• Strong team player and good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well with players, other coaches and the club committee. Ability, and desire, to integrate well into the club as a whole.
• Ability to use video analysis and evidence of how this has been used to develop individuals and the team
• EH Club Coach / Level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent or equivalent experience
The role will be supported by the Head Coach and Hockey Committee and the successful candidate will be expected to work openly and enthusiastically with officers from the club and the wider coaching team.
Successful candidates must be positive role models and operate in a professional way when representing Timperley Hockey Club and leading the squad(s) and coaching.
Other coaching opportunities
There may also be the opportunity for additional coaching activity in addition to the role and may include: other senior teams; junior age groups or our growing schools and community outreach programme.
How to Apply
Applications – Closing date Thursday 20th June 2019 The package available is dependent on experience, coaching and personal qualifications and will be negotiated depending on the appointment. The club welcomes applications from suitably experienced and qualified coaches and player coaches. To apply please provide a covering letter setting out what you feel you could bring to Timperley Hockey Club and the Women’s 2s squad along with a copy of an up to date CV / Resume including relevant playing and coaching experience, qualifications and details of two referees. Overseas applications must confirm that they currently have the right to work in the UK at the time of application. Relocation costs will not be paid. Time: All senior training for all THC senior squads is on a Tuesday evening. Matches are on a Saturday, with occasional Sundays. Pre-season training will commence in July - September on Tuesday and Saturdays. Location: Timperley Sports Club, Stockport Road, Timperley, Altrincham, Cheshire, UK, WA15 7LU Salary: tbc - subject to experience and dependent upon role Contact: Shelagh Everett, Hockey Chair. e-mail: email@example.com www.timperleyhockeyclub.com @Timperleyhockey
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
677 total views, 1 today